Is the max Crafting limit @ lvl 49??

Sakushi

So i HEARD that the crafting limit is at lvl 49 and aren't able to Craft anything higher than that.

the only way to get level 50 gear is to do Illum, Is this Right?

If so then in MY opinion, that totally contradicts having CRAFTING altogether.

Whats the point in being unable to craft Max level Gear or any weapons armor or mods?

I'm getting the thought that i'm having to go 'illum' to get these lvl 50 gear.

(I Wouldn't say that I'm Being 'Forced' to do anything..as nobody is holding my head to face the screen-- as spoon-fed kid-gamers just love to throw that word around)

I've heard (or read) that more people are turning to 'Biochem' because there is much better use for it....like creating stims for unlimited use....

What do you guys think?

If i am Incorrect about any of this then Please correct me...

It does seem utterly pointless and I've got several alts on the go to master the various professions and it seems all for nothing.

I'm hoping in the future they'll see sense and add competitive end game patters for us to make so that there is actually some point to doing them.

Otherwise I'd have done slicing on all my chars and just had the credits instead.

I don't know about other professions, but I can definitely make level 50 gear on my Assassin with Synthweaving:

Light Armor:

Rakata Force-Master's Bracers

Rakata Force-Master's Sash

Rakata Stalker's Bracers

Rakata Stalker's Waistwrap

Rakata Survivor's Bracers

Rakata Survivor's Waistwrap

Medium Armor:

Rakata Weaponmaster's Bracers

Rakata Weaponmaster's Waistcord

Resilient Polyplast Headgear.

I didn't bother keeping my heavy armor schematics up to date, but I am sure there are some there too. All the Rakata stuff is purple, and requires Mandalorian Iron and Denebrillian Star Silk as it's purple mats (Iron for Medium Armor and Silk for Light).

I haven't levelled a char to 50 yet (I switch characters alot), but up till lvl 30 I haven't had any benefit yet with crafts. You outlevel it too fast to be beneficial and you can buy better mods with commendations most of the time.

At first I thought, no problem, will be worth it at lvl 50 but now I read everywhere that the best mods and armoring and all are dropped and/or bought for commendation... Seems to me that the only useful crewskill is biochem then !

I don't know about other professions, but I can definitely make level 50 gear on my Assassin with Synthweaving:

Light Armor:

Rakata Force-Master's Bracers

Rakata Force-Master's Sash

Rakata Stalker's Bracers

Rakata Stalker's Waistwrap

Rakata Survivor's Bracers

Rakata Survivor's Waistwrap

Medium Armor:

Rakata Weaponmaster's Bracers

Rakata Weaponmaster's Waistcord

Resilient Polyplast Headgear.

I didn't bother keeping my heavy armor schematics up to date, but I am sure there are some there too. All the Rakata stuff is purple, and requires Mandalorian Iron and Denebrillian Star Silk as it's purple mats (Iron for Medium Armor and Silk for Light).

Sets exist for Heavy as well (as I make heavy for myself)

Back to OP - there has been many discussions about no "benefits" to certain professions. This may be due to the fact that everything bar Biochem makes BoE stuff and no BoP. I hope that they put in some BoP schematics to each profession that makes it worthwhile to the crafter.

I haven't levelled a char to 50 yet (I switch characters alot), but up till lvl 30 I haven't had any benefit yet with crafts. You outlevel it too fast to be beneficial and you can buy better mods with commendations most of the time.

At first I thought, no problem, will be worth it at lvl 50 but now I read everywhere that the best mods and armoring and all are dropped and/or bought for commendation... Seems to me that the only useful crewskill is biochem then !

I'm leveling fast and keeping Cybertech and Scavenging ahead of my level. You just have to use your guys for missions more often and grind them on lower level items for quick boosts to get the skill up.

Sets exist for Heavy as well (as I make heavy for myself)

Back to OP - there has been many discussions about no "benefits" to certain professions. This may be due to the fact that everything bar Biochem makes BoE stuff and no BoP. I hope that they put in some BoP schematics to each profession that makes it worthwhile to the crafter.

All that Rakata stuff is BoP.

I hope that they put in some BoP schematics to each profession that makes it worthwhile to the crafter.

BoP is worthless for crafting, the whole point in craft is it's a profession where you can craft items to then sell on the open market. BoP negates that ideology and makes crafting a selfish endeavour instead of one which not only creates economy but also community amongst people