Hardcore Servers

dimster

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP's point, I seriously doubt the technology exists to have servers that support add on and other servers that don't. My understanding is that add ons work on the client side, not the server side. That said, the idea of hardcore servers (done much like RP servers now) isn't a bad idea. Clearly stating the nature of the environment on the server screen makes sense.

Of course the technology exists. It's very easy to make such division. As easy as changing

client.loadAddonSupport();

into

if (server.getAddonsEnebled() == true) {

client.loadAddonSupport();

}

In simple words, client can decide whether to allow addons or not based on the server it is logged on into. You could abuse it by modifing your client, but no self-respecting mmo nowadays runs without some sort of protection against it - that's one of the things the launcher is supposed to do. And compared to other things that you could do by modifing the client, allowing addons on non-addon server is very insignificant.

So let me get this straight...

You want specific servers, aimed for these so called Hardcore raiders, and with addon support.

And we are talking about the same kind of addons as WoW has, as in Deadly Boss Mods, Recount, Omen threat meter, etc...

All of these addons and the like which actually TRIVIALIZE all the raid encounters by helping you by automatically telling you to avoid bad stuff, a meter that always shows you how to stay below the tank in aggro, etc.

THIS is what you call hardcore raiding? Really?

QFT.

Hardcore is being able to complete a raid WITHOUT the help of add ons.

You have a strange idea (or no idea at all) of what add on and combat log do isnt it?

If i want to mod my UI, know how many dmg the boss done to the tank or when a cd is off ...why you care ? ...how this interfere with your game ?!

Just whine for the sake of whining ....

Hardcore server rules:

1. Only 1 character can be created, period.

2. Player must log on ever 4-5 hours to feed / drink character.

3. Account deletion whenever character is killed for any reason. This obviously includes dying:

a. in space combat

b. due to starvation

c. companions killing you while logged out (in your sleep)

3a. When falling from great distances, if the player is not outright killed when hitting the bottom, the player will have a 50-75% chance of incurring a broken arm (cannot use main weapon) / rib (HP bleedout) / leg (-95% movement debuff). This effect persists until player visits a medical droid.

3b. When visiting a medical droid to recover from injury, the player has a 25% chance of dying from the operating table.

4. Player must fill out forms / submit ID when applying for a Starship piloting license, and renew that license every month.

4b. Due to player complaints about instances, there will only be one instance of the DISV (dept of interstellar vehicles) to both the republic and empire. Standard pvp rules apply. Everyone is conned red to everyone else, due to the DISV implementing a first-come-first-served rule policy.

5. No speeders allowed.

6. Sprint drains HP whenever a character has it toggled for more than 10 seconds.

7. PvP enabled (duh), even against your faction. Friendly fire enabled.

8. When healing, you can actually kill the person you're healing if you overdose him with overhealing.

9. Companions may or may not attack you at any moment (think Khem Val or Scourge)

10. Armor and clothing can suddenly melt / disintegrate when attacked by fire / acid. This will leave said player in their skivvies and all the armor stat bonuses are obviously gone.

Best Post Known to man.

I would play this.

as said before, hardcore is not align with add-ons.

hardcore (top 10, WoW guilds) dont use dbm, simply they are ahead of the curve so dbm does not have that info.

Threatmeter, is not needed to optimize, experience will give that info, you learn how to balance your dps on anygiven moment. in wow i ended up running with out because it held me back, as i was always above the tank in the risk zone without it but never ever pulled from the tank, while with i held back way earlier.

DPS meter, e-peen thing. No need to see your dps during combat. Combatlogs outside the game would be the best imo, then you can really analize your dps. and compare indepth.

things that would help a lot (random order): target of target option on all (focus, party, target), visual que to show if you have agro on the nameplates and in party who has agro, abilty to move the ui around, combatlog and the abilty to save it to file.

add-ons made us lazy, you can do without because you have used them a lot in wow you cant see the core anymore only the addons.

altho i have some sort of agro meter in my wish list, but that is not something like omen. it would only show that you have agro or not, that way you can make split second calls to either run to tank or kite and kill.

Your post makes me sad...

because it is too large to put in my Sig!!!! :jawa_biggrin: