Making better gear

Csdabest

Will it be possible to ever make gear thats better or on par w/ The EPic gear. Cuz if we cant. I really dont see the point in crafing other than making money on lowbies.

I think it would also help the asethetics department. If you dont like the endgame gear. Make your own.

Will it be possible to ever make gear thats better or on par w/ The EPic gear. Cuz if we cant. I really dont see the point in crafing other than making money on lowbies.

I think it would also help the asethetics department. If you dont like the endgame gear. Make your own.

There are many benefits to crafting. Each profession has unique items that bind on pickup, meaning that unless you max it to 400 you can't have access to these. Biochem has Re-usable Adrenals and medpacs that grant nice big gains of stats like surge/crit/force and tech power. Also are able to make things like epic relics that are only available through artifice. And the ability to make blue and epic mods while you level, since you can just keep replacing your mods as you level.

As a matter of fact, you can make the exact same armor you see on some of these vendors... earlier than you would otherwise get it. Additionally, it's easier to work yourself into the stats you prefer through crafted armor than it is to find those stats in 'the wild.'

I've got a Synthweaver friend who, despite us having cleared all the hardmodes several times over, is still using all crafted armor. For the stats he is after, what he has on is considerably better than the Rataka gear.

I've also heard it suggested that you can actually make the vendor gear, critically, with an aug slot in it.

People give Biochem a lot of hype (and as a Biochem myself, I can hardly blame them) but I don't believe it to be the end-all, be-all of crafting. From what I've seen in the game, BIS (best in slot) is, across the board, crafted items.

As a matter of fact, you can make the exact same armor you see on some of these vendors... earlier than you would otherwise get it. Additionally, it's easier to work yourself into the stats you prefer through crafted armor than it is to find those stats in 'the wild.'

I've got a Synthweaver friend who, despite us having cleared all the hardmodes several times over, is still using all crafted armor. For the stats he is after, what he has on is considerably better than the Rataka gear.

I've also heard it suggested that you can actually make the vendor gear, critically, with an aug slot in it.

People give Biochem a lot of hype (and as a Biochem myself, I can hardly blame them) but I don't believe it to be the end-all, be-all of crafting. From what I've seen in the game, BIS (best in slot) is, across the board, crafted items.

Currently, not even close.

Raiding gear currently, only has 2 mod slots. You can not remove the armoring, or hilts.

And crafted hilts/armoring are not the same level.

This was a hasty last minute change however.

Soon , raid gear will go back to the original 3 mod slot build. Letting you pull armoring slot mods out of them, and place them in crafted armors.

This will make crafted gear good again. As a mastercraft crafted item with raid armoring will be best in slot.

Currently, not even close.

Raiding gear currently, only has 2 mod slots. You can not remove the armoring, or hilts.

And crafted hilts/armoring are not the same level.

This was a hasty last minute change however.

Soon , raid gear will go back to the original 3 mod slot build. Letting you pull armoring slot mods out of them, and place them in crafted armors.

This will make crafted gear good again. As a mastercraft crafted item with raid armoring will be best in slot.

With regards to hilts/barrels, I would 100% agree. Until the aforementioned fully-moddable purples change goes live, I will not be putting down my PvP saber, even in PvE. Even after that, that particular piece is not at all moddable, so it likely wont become such after the change, so I imagine I'll be stuck with it for some time.

Armor rating, even for a tank such as my Guardian Synthweaver buddy, isn't nearly as critical as the defensive stats. I too would gladly trade a couple hundred armor to cap out my Surge and lose all that Power, which simply is not doable with any of the armor sets. Even moddable armor will only get you to about halfway.

Edited by Fascion

yeah that said..

I got two epic items last night. The enhancement slots had

+31 end, +40acc, +15 power. I ripped that garbage right out, and replaced it with crafted

+15 end, +29 crit, +31 surge enhancements.

Yea, I need to break down and buy/quest some (Illum daily heroic, if I'm not mistaken?) myself. I just keep hoping I'll "luck" into 3-4 more Champion Helm/Gloves for those sweet, sweet IL56 crit/surge mods and enhancements for use in the rest of my gear.

Having said that, my chest piece, with the daily commendation Might Armoring and those two mods, feels WAY too Strength-heavy. Something like 106 or 109 STR on the thing right now. A comparable crafted piece was around 67 STR, if memory serves... and had potential (Endowment Mastercraft) for loads more Surge.

Edited by Fascion

I have another question. Dont wanna make another thread for it. If you decide to drop a crafting skill to pick up another one will it start back from the beginning if you decide to switch back. Im still not sure why we have two resource collecting but only one craft skill.

I have another question. Dont wanna make another thread for it. If you decide to drop a crafting skill to pick up another one will it start back from the beginning if you decide to switch back. Im still not sure why we have two resource collecting but only one craft skill.
No, if you drop a skill, picking it up again will reset it to 1.