Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

We need mailboxes in our ships

Drehzen

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How would the physical objects you receive in the mail get to your ship?

Same as how physical objects you recieve from a holocomm call?

Anyway, I wish theres a mailbox and GTN on the ship. Imperial fleet is too lagging and the only place with all of these available is Dormand Kaas.

Anyway, I wish theres a mailbox and GTN on the ship. Imperial fleet is too lagging and the only place with all of these available is Dormand Kaas.

Great, then you can have a game where no one interacts with each other, talks with each other, or even sees each other. Genius.

In holocomm quests you cant do anything if it has an object delivery or receive.

And if you get a mail and a GTN in your ship with the current LFG tool absence it would be even worse trying to find a grp.

Great, then you can have a game where no one interacts with each other, talks with each other, or even sees each other. Genius.

I do that while questing, not when I want to check the GTN, mail and setting up crafting queue at the end of the day. Its also easier to park an alt with all of these available so you can quickly check them instead of waiting for loading screen, then waiting for the game to load the couple hundreds player happen to be at imperial fleet as well.

In holocomm quests you cant do anything if it has an object delivery or receive.

And if you get a mail and a GTN in your ship with the current LFG tool absence it would be even worse trying to find a grp.

I'm talking about those holocomm quest when you report to certain person and you finish the quest and select an reward from a list. You get the physical object and you are doing that via a holocomm convo.

Honestly, why can't mail (without objects) be delievered to where ever we are, when the mail comes? I mean, come on, we can travel in hyperspace, but cant have electronic mail be delivered to our personal com-device?

And money? It should be delivered directly to our bank accounts. Again, come on. Wire transfer is unheard of.

Mail with objects, on the other hand, I can understand. I think when stuff is sent via mail, it should be delivered at the mail-boxes. But with an option to have it "fed-ex'ed" to our ship for a fee.

Edit:

I think the designers have been too mindful of how this has been done in other games, and not taken the setting into consideration when designing the mail system. As far as I remember, in SWG I could access my in-game mail from my datapad. And that made sense!

Edited by Gibbs

Receiving items on the ship is very simple

teleportation.

bioware put "star trek" type teleportation tech in the game, you find it on Belsavis and you can use the typical taxis to get around or Rataka teleport devices to teleport around to different locations.

So all Bioware has to do is let you buy a rataka teleport device for your ship and there ya go lore fixed :)

and if you havent teleported on Belsavis, go try it, it's lot faster than the taxi rides... instant teleport ftw, although there were several jokes about using star trek tech in a star wars game hehe.

For that matter, why should we have to leave the starter planet to quest elsewhere. All the quests should come to us until we hit level 50! Then the raids should come to us too!

+12

Yes, plz! I approve this message. Can I get a toasted cheese sammich delivered with every quest as well? :D Best. Game. Ever. material right there.

For that matter, why should we have to leave the starter planet to quest elsewhere. All the quests should come to us until we hit level 50! Then the raids should come to us too!

Don't be so dramatic. Sometimes people don't feel like having to wait through 3 load screens to get some crafting done.

Don't be so dramatic. Sometimes people don't feel like having to wait through 3 load screens to get some crafting done.

You can craft anywhere. Your mats can all be in your ship's cargo hold in space while you are on planet and you can craft to your heart's content from those mats.

I agree with this idea. We need an LFD tool to let us level from 1 to 50 without ever leaving the home planet or our ship. Our ship should have access to the GTN, mail, a good selection of trainers and vendors. At 50 we will be able to use the LFR from our ship.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.