What tree should i spec

CloudOfBr

So I have a sith marauder class and love playing it, but I thought i'd roll merc because I didn't like always being someone's apprentice. So I just hit lv 10 and chose merc as my advanced class and I was wondering which of the damage trees is better for pvp? I do pve a lot too but I also want to do a lot of pvp on this class too, because I hear merc is great for pvp

I am no expert but I am a cross over assassin. My alt toon which is a level 27 merc does great with the middle skill tree Arsenal. I don't have a problem soloing and I do decent in PvP.

With that being said here is my last stats to show I'm not awesome at PvP. 115k damage 22 kills 8 deaths 10k heals. To me that isn't bad for a level 27 Merc. Most of the heals were waiting for the next phase of the ship. As far as Huttball there are a lot of healing places so I focus more on damage.

Now the other side of it, you will be spamming tracer missle, unload after cooldown and power shot with a few others. I have had so much fun being a merc it's competive and I enjoy blowing stuff up.

Now as far as PvE I have died less then assassin and seem to not really have a problem against the bosses in questing. Just keep your modded barrel updated on your pistols with your armor modding and Mako will keep you alive for the duration of the battle. Death from Above is a god send for your first attack against mobs.

If you are looking to run with friends I would seriously say go with healing. Though out this game spamming LFG is always needing healers. So you can run heroics and flashpoints daily with little to no effort. PvP healers is just simple keeping ppl together and point and click on their name.

Honestly you will enjoy BH merc reguardless of your choice there will always be a place for a merc.

Edited by jackalious