SLICING - Innovative thinkers wanted!

Zuesbolt

:sy_republic:The purpose of this thread is to help generate some ideas for possible fixes for slicing. With that in mind, I am looking for innovative ways to help BioWare. You never know when an idea for a change fits easily into the current system or is unobtainable without allot of work.

I for one have been involved in many MMOs and hands down this has been the smoothest and most fun I have ever had. My whole family plays (6) and we are having a great time. Quite an accomplishment especially considering the magnitude of people flocking to this game.:sy_empire:

With that being said, lets create some ideas here that might spark the programmers responsible for slicing, with some "lightbulb" innovative ideas! You never know what your idea can make someone else think of!

Augment Missions:

Getting unlucky and not seeing the augment type your looking for after 20 missions can be quite tedious.

I for one would like for Augments to come back with the option to choose the specific augment. I liken this to a quest that lets you choose from multiple rewards. I may not always get the one I am looking for, but having 3 - 6 to choose from would help.

It is not broken.

Since so many people have dropped it you can make mint selling 300/340 missions for UT, TH, Arch and BioA.

Plus if you run the right missions you can still make creds every hour and grabbing boxes while questing is a nice cash cow too.

Not 'broken' by any means but it could use some help--and instead of 'buffing' or 'nerfing' slicing you can fix it quite simply by making exceptional/advanced crafted gear proc more often. Augments are largely ignored or even unknown by the majority of players due to the rarity of the items that are required to use.

Grinding/Farming crew skills forever to get an augment slot and then an appropriate augment is just plain annoying and a waste of time for the most part. If crafters made more slotted items (3/4 or even more rare than that) augments could sell better to help fill in the gap that cash boxes leaves at higher levels. You still have chance to get 'useless' augments that no one wants but you have better odds to sell the ones people want for a decent price than losing out on boxes.

I like the gathering aspect of Slicing--its simple and just a nice option for those of us that don't really care for crafting. The lockbox missions I see as nice for leveling and to get things others require but I don't see the point in making it some sort of cash cow either--gathering is what it is and should stay. Augments though... well that's one thing that isn't really talked about enough and could really use some work imho.

Chances for getting mission schematic should go slightly up for lockboxes mission.

They should add an item to lockboxes mission that when consumed will give any crafter 100% chance to score critical success on his next craft, drop rates for such item should be as rare as current mission schematics.

Edited by ZingFreelancer