What is Legacy?

Squidwalker

So of course I can't search the forums to try and find if this has been talked, because I'm sure it has. So please bare with me. :)

What exactly is the legacy system all about? I understand the legacy tracker progresses, as you advance further in your class story line. I'm not there yet, but I know you get to choose a last name at some point in your story. But what does the legacy do for you? Is there a game mechanic for it, do you get some advantage to it, access to certain gear, or zones or something, based on legacy? Or is it purely just for your own gratification and tracking?

Thanks

Although the Legacy system is in game as of launch, at this time all you can do is advance the level of your Legacy.

The actual attributes of what the Legacy System will give you in game upon future updates, is as of yet, totally unknown. but it is thought that there will be some pretty cool stuff.

All we can do is speculate, or depending on which part of the forum you are on, suggest what might be implemented in future patches.