Marauders are weak?

VexedForest

Personally I think the marauders alot more fun compared to the Juggernaut. . The trick is to go for the weaker targets first. We cant just dive right into the fray. I was able to play the juggernaut late at night and fall asleep halfway and wake up with a pile of dead bodies at my feet, but with the marauder I have to focus. This is what makes it more entertaining for me

In short, Marauders are not for wimps :p

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I simply don't back l2p in this case. There's too much evidence that isn't even debatable out there. I suggest some of you knuckleheads do 3 things : 1.) pay more attention to all classes and stats on the score board after every game. 2.) put some real time in as another class such as bh/trooper, smuggler/agent. 3.) read the other classes boards in regards to balance, it's not such a hot topic and that means something.

So Marauders need some tweaks to burst dmg and cc it's totally obvious, thanks for reading.

Everyone commenting about how weak mara's are haven't gotten to the high 40's or 50.

Ans a lot of people who think marauders are God's gift to SWTOR haven't played other classes to compare. Like I said earlier, there really are only two choices here. Either:

1) Sorcerers are GROSSLY overpowered.

or 2) Marauders are GROSSLY underpowered.

I've played both to high level....including a 50 sorc, and other than at very low level, when the survivablility is about the same, marauders are simply WAY too squishy. Their damage is pretty good -- even extreme -- but when you can instantly get stacked x5 with the amour debuff or some nasty DoT stacked 3 times, you can find yourself at next to no health in less time than it takes to fire your second skill off.

the class's design is antithetical to the ecosystem it's in. a class with no cc, no knockback, and 1 baseline leap is never going to be a good class in a game where everyone else has these tools and the game is designed around their use.