The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which PvP setup is better in your eyes? Come give me your opinion :)

Eradicatelol

A shieldtech pvp spec with the shieldtech pvp gear including +5% damage when guard is on another player

OR

A pyrotech pvp spec with the +15% railshot crit chance pvp gear setup?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which and why?

Edited by Eradicatelol

ooh I thought so, you think this is the best setup?

Maybe.

As a BH most of your attacks completely ignore Defense/Shields. They also have a base accuracy of 100% because they are Tech attacks (all except Rapid Shots, Unload, and Rail Shot -- these are classified as Ranged attacks. They use Ranged accuracy and are mitigated by Armor/Shields/Defense).

So in addition to grabbing the Eliminator pieces you might want to find some mods to remove all that useless Accuracy since your attacks don't need it.

I don't really think anyone has worked out precisely what is our "best" PvP sets for what situations, but they are all itemized pretty crappy and will likely need severe tweaking to become optimal.

Edited by chainsawsamurai

Maybe.

As a BH most of your attacks completely ignore Defense/Shields. They also have a base accuracy of 100% because they are Tech attacks (all except Rapid Shots, Unload, and Rail Shot -- these are classified as Ranged attacks. They use Ranged accuracy and are mitigated by Armor/Shields/Defense).

So in addition to grabbing the Eliminator pieces you might want to find some mods to remove all that useless Accuracy since your attacks don't need it.

I don't really think anyone has worked out precisely what is our "best" PvP sets for what situations, but they are all itemized pretty crappy and will likely need severe tweaking to become optimal.

So accuracy i'm suspecting gives no bonus to pvp whatsoever? It has some weird tooltip when accuracy gained over 100% is like ignored armor or something, i forgot.

So accuracy i'm suspecting gives no bonus to pvp whatsoever? It has some weird tooltip when accuracy gained over 100% is like ignored armor or something, i forgot.

It reduces the target's Defense for Ranged attacks and their Resistance for Tech attacks.

I could be totally wrong, but I haven't found any significant ways to have Resistance outside of the Inquisitor/Consular buff (10% Elemental and Internal), so I'm pretty sure it is a moot point. Tech accuracy starts at 100% and the pieces you can't rip the mods out of (Ear pieces, etc) will get you at least to 105% without even trying.

Edited by chainsawsamurai

It reduces the target's Defense for Ranged attacks and their Resistance for Tech attacks.

I could be totally wrong, but I haven't found any significant ways to have Resistance outside of the Inquisitor/Consular buff (10% Elemental and Internal), so I'm pretty sure it is a moot point. Tech accuracy starts at 100% and the pieces you can't rip the mods out of (Ear pieces, etc) will get you at least to 105% without even trying.

Hmm well thanks for the info and input, anyone else want to enlighten us any further?