Am I missing something with the slotted/moddable gear?

kyoseki

I always find it incredibly fiddly to root through my moddable gear to figure out what mod I have where (this goes for augments in blues/purples as well as the multiple slots in orange).

This is particularly awkward given that you can only ever have two windows up, so you can't have say comm vendor/char/mod windows up, so you can't compare the mods in any item to the available mods at the vendor.

Is the idea that you always have the same mods in each item? ie. You always have "resolve armoring 15" in everything so you only have to memorize one set of numbers before clicking on the comm mod vendor.

I can't help but feel it would be very handy if the details of the mods in an item popped up when the information popup appears - you know when you hover over an item, a window pops up with it's stats and the stats of the clothing you're already wearing, how about having 4 or 5 mini windows pop up to the right of the moddable clothing box that have the details of it's slotted mods?

This is particularly awkward given that you can only ever have two windows up, so you can't have say comm vendor/char/mod windows up, so you can't compare the mods in any item to the available mods at the vendor.

I'm confused by this paragraph, I always have the mod vendor window open along with my character window so I can compare current mods to what the vendor has.

I'm confused by this paragraph, I always have the mod vendor window open along with my character window so I can compare current mods to what the vendor has.

That's the problem I'm having - I wasn't aware of anything that would let me see what stats the mod had without ctrl-right clicking the object, which pops up another window and closes the vendor window (and then invariably closes all windows so I have to do it again).

Evidently there's a tooltip preference that will display the mod information so they can be directly compared, I just wasn't aware of it.

That's the problem I'm having - I wasn't aware of anything that would let me see what stats the mod had without ctrl-right clicking the object, which pops up another window and closes the vendor window (and then invariably closes all windows so I have to do it again).

Evidently there's a tooltip preference that will display the mod information so they can be directly compared, I just wasn't aware of it.

Ah, gotcha. That's why I was confused by your statement. Definitely go into settings like the others stated. Enable everything listed under Tooltips if you haven't already, you won't regret it as it's all very, very useful for comparing yours and your summoned companion's gear.