Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Using medpack on companion

MrToad

Can anyone tell me how to use a medpack on my companion during battle? I can’t seem to figure it out. Can I set this up as a hot key? If so can someone give me some instructions? I have never played an MMO before and I am finding it difficult to figure out all of the extra configuration options and keys.

BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

FYI Only certain player crafted medpacs can be used on your companion. If useable on a companion, it will be listed as such in the description. When you use it on yourself, your companion also gets the benefit. Regular medpacs cannot be used on a companion. In general, you heal your companion with a healer skill and other AC abilities that will "heal" Edited by Owsley

Every class gets a skill, on a 20-min CD, which restores a small amount of health to both you and your companion.

If your advanced class has a healer spec, you get a couple of basic healing spells even if you don't spec into healing. You can use those to heal your companion.

If you're using a tank companion as DPS, you should try to CC the hardest mob in the pack and kill the small ones first. That way, your companion won't get pummeled. Obviously, only do this if you're having trouble with that pack. Otherwise, you can just blast through them.

If you're a tank, you can put guard on your companions and taunt off them.

As either tank or DPS, you could try running with a healer companion (they heal themselves too, but you'll have to protect them via CCs and taunts).

• 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.