New to the series

RYMORNEAU

Hey everyone, I am new to the Star Wars series I am a experience WoW player been playing for atleast 3 years so far and decided to try something new. I am just curious as to what this game offers that WoW doesn't and vise-versa. I have already seen you guys have a few of the things WoW has such as:

PVP

Guilds

BG's

One thing I like about WoW is the dungeons do you guys have something like that or similar. I am downloading the game as we speak.

I believe that the Flashpoints in this game are the "Dungeons" here, I've only done one so far but I found it fun.

Also, welcome to Star Wars! If you are brand new I recommend watching the movies (4,5,6 especially, the others are ok but not as good) as this can help you get more into the spirit.:)

Yep,

Flashpoints = Dungeons

Operations = Raids

Warzones = Battlegrounds

Welcome to the game! I've been a long time WoW player, but a Star Wars fan most of my life. As OmySpy said, if you haven't seen the movies, I suggest watching them, starting with Episodes IV, V, and VI.

In regards to Flashpoints, most of them are similar to WoWs, however all of them have at least one conversation at the beginning, middle, and end. A few have many conversation points throughout and are used for "social point" farming. I also enjoy these Flashpoints, on the Republic side, the first one sets up an enemy in the story that progresses through into two other ones at a higher level.

Edited by Ohnoto

Thnx for the advice, where do I find the movies, and lol I am still downloading but I hope its almost done,

The movies just came out on Blue-Ray. They are no longer in print on DVD.

I would have to agree with above, watch 4 5 and 6. Skip 1 2 and 3.

I'm loving the game, here's my advice, don't let the forums get you down. Everyone is complaining and it's kinda a bummer to read.

Here's my quick comparison to WoW(I played since vanila):

I was sick of wow questing by the time I got to level 30 in vanilla, which took months since I spent 95% of my time doing pvp. With the level brackets you didn't want to level because than you would be at the bottom of the bracket again and useless untill you grind out another 6-8 levels.

I love the bracketing in SWTOR, it's not perfect, but I like it a lot more, there's almost always pops even on medium population PVE server. The bracket is 10-50 if you didn't know with everyone getting a buff to make them have level 50ish stats. With this bracket system you want to level up so you can get more skills and tallents.

I still prefer pvp, but I haven't gotten sick of pve yet, i'm level 33, it's not a grind. With the story added it makes it interesting and you want to go through your main story to find out what happens.

Have fun!