Neutral gimped?

AdamHDMI

So today, I finally finished my capital world on my Jedi Shadow. For a change I decided to go neutral with my alignment as this is something I hadn't attempted before.

So, I made my way to the commendations vendor to get myself kitted out for the journey ahead and BOOM! The only two double-bladed lightsabers available were locked to either light I or Dark I. I then (still horrified by this discovery) scrolled through to see if there were any other weapons I could use. I came across a tech staff (correct name?) which had lightly lower stats then the alignment locked lightsabers, but was still better them my current.

So I bought it and queued for a warzone to see how hard my new, shiny metal pole hit. I then when to attack a opponent with shadow strike, and nothing happened. I then (after dying) checked the tooltip for the ability to discover that it requires a double bladed lightsaber.

What were you thinking BioWare? This Gand is not happy!

P.S this was written on my iPhone, so I apologise for any stupid auto corrects that were made.

Edited by AdamHDMI

I wanto know why I'm being put at a disadvantage because I didn't go full Lightside/Darkside.

It just means you cannot use/buy any relic's sold by the light side / dark side vendors. But after you collect enough matrix shards you can use those relics. It also means you cannot use alignment specific gear as well. Thats about it though as there are no "light side / dark side" only abilities.

What were you thinking BioWare? This Gand is not happy!

Ok couple things you've done wrong here.

First off, while the DBLS itself does require an alignment, the mods in it do not. You can take the hilt, mod, crystal, ect... out of one of those DBLS' and stick it in yours, and have the same stats as the one you bought.

I actually know this from experience, because I accidentally bought a DS I DBLS on my LS Shadow.

Second, yes pretty much all our powers (Shadow) require a Double Bladed Light Saber, nothing else will work.

There is nothing in the game that will truly gimp you because you decided to stay neutral. The items that require an alignment aren't better then the others. Also you can buy mods directly with commendations that you can put into the DBLS you got when you picked your AC.

Edited by VanorDM

there are plenty of other ways to acquire gear/items besides the light and dark vendors. So next are you going to be complaining because your Hoth commendations dont work for the Tattoonie vendor because you decided to farm Hoth commendations?

There are different ways to get different gear from different vendors........ figure out what you need to do to buy from a certain vendor, and then do it.

You decided to be neutral........so imagine that, you cannot buy from the light or dark vendor. It is not rocket science.

there are plenty of other ways to acquire gear/items besides the light and dark vendors. So next are you going to be complaining because your Hoth commendations dont work for the Tattoonie vendor because you decided to farm Hoth commendations?

There are different ways to get different gear from different vendors........ figure out what you need to do to buy from a certain vendor, and then do it.

You decided to be neutral........so imagine that, you cannot buy from the light or dark vendor. It is not rocket science.

I didn't mention anything about me trying to buy anything from the DS/LS vendors. If you read the post, I said that I was unable to purchase a DBLS from the Corrusant commendations vendor due to the LS/DS restrictment.

Ok lots of things you've done wrong here.

First off, while the LS itself does require an alignment, the mods in it do not. You can take the hilt, mod, crystal, ect... out of one of those DBLS' and stick it in yours, and have the same stats as the one you bought.

Second, yes pretty much all our powers (Shadow) require a Double Bladed Light Saber, nothing else will work.

There is nothing in the game that will truly gimp you because you decided to stay neutral. The items that require an alignment aren't better then the others. Also you can buy mods directly with commendations that you can put into the DBLS you got when you picked your AC.

Thanks for this, the mod extracting didn't even cross my mind. I apologise for my rant, mods feel free to /thread.

Edited by AdamHDMI

Well relics aren't an issue anyways to whoever mentioned those.

The best relics in game aren't restricted to Lightside/Darkside.

However, restricting all weapons is pretty unfair.. it seems most sabers (other then the PVP ones) are restricted to atleast Light/Dark 1.