The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When do respecs reset?

AnAcuteAngle

If you go to the Vender and tell him you want to reset and you go to the next screen it gives you the total to pay. Because I've been looking for it to reset i've just declined to pay and proceed. At this point you've just added another week to the counter. As I am on day 12 since my last paid reset.

I submitted a ticket today, I'll post an answer when I get one.

If you go to the Vender and tell him you want to reset and you go to the next screen it gives you the total to pay. Because I've been looking for it to reset i've just declined to pay and proceed. At this point you've just added another week to the counter. As I am on day 12 since my last paid reset.

I submitted a ticket today, I'll post an answer when I get one.

The way it works, and I just found this out, after a week of your last respect it resets.

HOWEVER

It will show the next respec cost when you talk to him. You just accept it and it will not charge you and it'll reset to zero.

Kind of weird. Just be sure you have your dates right and are at least a week since :)

I respecced multiple times during one week, up to the point where it would cost me around 85k. I took a deep breath and pushed the "accept" button, and to my joy, my credits did not change at all, and I got a respec even though it said it would cost me loads of credits. When I specced, and talked to the respeccer again just to check, the cost was down to 1000 credits.

It either seems overcomplicated, or bugged. The NPC (or at least the accept/decline window) should provide accurate information about how it works.

Edited by Sardeya

A "Trick" to make sure you don't actually get charged the cost it says would probably be this. It's a bit complicated though, and takes some effort.

- Check the price, let's say it tells you your respec costs 20k, but you assume it should have reset already

- Mail enough money to an alt, so that you fall below 20k total. Alternatively hand it to a friend that you trust. (Best you doublecheck the name of the alt, and/or make sure the alt can get mail from you by sending a testmail first)

- Go to the respec guy again, it will tell you 20k, and you click accept. If it has NOT reset, it should not work since you don't have 20k. If it has reset it's a free respec and it should work.

- Transfer the money back again.

I have not actually tested this, and it's absolutely possible that the game checks for the displayed price even if it has reset already, so that even a free respec in this case would require you to have 20k. If that's the case it doesn't work, obviously.

A "Trick" to make sure you don't actually get charged the cost it says would probably be this. It's a bit complicated though, and takes some effort.

- Check the price, let's say it tells you your respec costs 20k, but you assume it should have reset already

- Mail enough money to an alt, so that you fall below 20k total. Alternatively hand it to a friend that you trust. (Best you doublecheck the name of the alt, and/or make sure the alt can get mail from you by sending a testmail first)

- Go to the respec guy again, it will tell you 20k, and you click accept. If it has NOT reset, it should not work since you don't have 20k. If it has reset it's a free respec and it should work.

- Transfer the money back again.

I have not actually tested this, and it's absolutely possible that the game checks for the displayed price even if it has reset already, so that even a free respec in this case would require you to have 20k. If that's the case it doesn't work, obviously.

I just tried this says you don't have enough. I know it's been over two weeks since my respec, but still showing up 25k. I don't want to respec enough to risk the money though

Costs I believe are something like

0/400/1k/4k/10k ... I don't know beyond that.

To get the 'free' respec, you need to:

1) Wait a week after your last respec

2) Have enough money to buy the respec as though it was not free.

You will talk to the NPC, he will say it costs X credits to respec. If you don't have X credits, he will send you away (EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN A WEEK). If you DO have X credits (and it's been over a week), simply accept the charges. You will then get a message that it is free. Next time you try to respec it will be 400.

Very very silly system. I highly doubt this was tested.

Edit: I believe the NPC is called.. master.. something master. In the Imperial fleet, go all the way north, then follow the wall clockwise to the first NPC you find to the north. I don't remember the names of the sections!

Edited by Fashooba

Thanks a lot! At least now I know where to go... I guess that somewhat resorts to one of my only problems with the game in general is the lack of people willing to help one another out.. I can hardly find people for the Heroic +2's and +4's and I think it's because most people are on alts and they know those quests aren't sometimes worth doing (or so I've heard) but I'd like to see them..