Cybertech Crew Skill Guide

Craftamancer

Maintaining a good current knowledge of what people want is half the battle in selling your wares.

Amen to that... and come v1.2, it will likely change things yet again. Let's share whatever we all learn to better sell our stuffs!

Adding to the white crystal fund, one GTN transaction at a time... ;)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen to that... and come v1.2, it will likely change things yet again. Let's share whatever we all learn to better sell our stuffs!

Adding to the white crystal fund, one GTN transaction at a time... ;)

I need to look around for white crystal screen shots, I'm not convinced I want to spend that much on an item that will probably be obsolete with the next patch :jawa_cool:.

I need to look around for white crystal screen shots, I'm not convinced I want to spend that much on an item that will probably be obsolete with the next patch :jawa_cool:.

just do a quick google images search for "white crystal swtor" you'll get plenty.

Personally i think it looks terrible :p

Think they'll ever let us craft anything higher than 22 mods/armoring? Also, I may have missed it but are cybertechs getting any love in 1.2 aside from speeders and grenades? Speeder's don't even look good so removing the BoP does almost nothing for me :(

Edited by Xtrema

just do a quick google images search for "white crystal swtor" you'll get plenty.

Personally i think it looks terrible :p

Think they'll ever let us craft anything higher than 22 mods/armoring? Also, I may have missed it but are cybertechs getting any love in 1.2 aside from speeders and grenades? Speeder's don't even look good so removing the BoP does almost nothing for me :(

Agree... the white crystal is "meh".

I suspect that with a new tier Op, we'll see crafters receiving schematics for gear up to Rakata level.

I only hope that new equal quality gear is not available via a daily commendation vendor like mods, armoring and earpieces are now.

Also, I believe that we have only seen the tip of the iceberg with the crafting reveals for 1.2. If Bioware intends to make crafting a more significant part of the economy accross the board, then there are likely many more changes that they will either reveal shortly, or spring on us with the patch.

Cybertech

If your character has the Cybertech profession, you will now be able to sell any of the vehicles you create on the Galactic Trade Network, as we have removed their binding restrictions from the game.

A critical success while crafting grenades now results in double the number of grenades (which also had their cooldown reduced to 3 minutes to allow more frequent use), and a critical success when creating item modifications now yields an additional mod for your efforts.

(From: http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20120320)

What'd you think the additional mod is? Expertise? Aside from that we're not getting much love :(

Craftamancer - are you still cybertech even now? Have u thought of changing at all? Ultimately I think I'm staying because I spent SO much time and creds on all these recipes, but at times I'm really tempted to switch; specifically biochem because I mainly PvP.

Edited by Xtrema

Cybertech

If your character has the Cybertech profession, you will now be able to sell any of the vehicles you create on the Galactic Trade Network, as we have removed their binding restrictions from the game.

A critical success while crafting grenades now results in double the number of grenades (which also had their cooldown reduced to 3 minutes to allow more frequent use), and a critical success when creating item modifications now yields an additional mod for your efforts.

(From: http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20120320)

What'd you think the additional mod is? Expertise? Aside from that we're not getting much love :(

Craftamancer - are you still cybertech even now? Have u thought of changing at all? Ultimately I think I'm staying because I spent SO much time and creds on all these recipes, but at times I'm really tempted to switch; specifically biochem because I mainly PvP.

The additional mod is Bioware's way of giving crafters of item modifications a reason to like critical successes. They will now give you an additional modification of the same type that you were crafting whenever you crit.

Bioware stated that only Artificer will be able to craft PVP related items in 1.2 (the expertise crystals). So no expertise mods for us. That said, they also promised new mods, so we will likely see tanking mods introduced.

As for the "lack of love" cybertechs seem to be receiving, keep in mind Bioware's last statement in their recent Crew Skills reveal:

"The above should give a good idea of what to expect from Game Update 1.2 in regards to Crew Skills and the economy. This is definitely not a complete list of changes and it is by no means the end to our improvement efforts."

Now... as to your final question... yes, my main character is still a Cybertech, and that will not be changing. However, I also have numerous alts with maxed out crafting in Armormech, Artificer, Scavenging, Underworld Trading, Archeology, Treasure Hunting and Slicing. My name's sake in game, Craftamancer, is a Bio-Chem, Bio-Analysis, Diplomacy character who will be 400 in all three before the end of the week. I'm still slowly working on my synthweaver, and I haven't leveled my armstech character to level 10 yet.

I have two level 50 characters, and two more well on their way, which allows me to really delve into all forms of crafting. Eventually I may write a single guide for all professions, but that will be a ways down the road. For now I'm content to stick with the cybertech community, to continue polishing my guide and gain a better understanding of crafting in general. As this is a hobby, rather than a job, there's a limit to how much time I can spend on it :D

Edited by Craftamancer

If I had to guess, I would wager that mods from Black Hole Daily Commendations gear are probably REable. Since anyone can get those from daily quests, there is no reason not to have them craftable for large amounts of hard to get materials.

I'm not on the PTS yet. Hope to be before the week's out.

There's a Black Hole Daily Commendations vendor? Isn't Black Hole an operation?

Do you mean that there is an operations vendor for tokens from Black Hole, much like exists for Tionese/Columni/Rakata gear, rather than a "daily" vendor?

Or is there in fact a new set of daily quests for level 50s that gives daily tokens for Black Hole gear?

Edited by Craftamancer

The additional mod is Bioware's way of giving crafters of item modifications a reason to like critical successes. They will now give you an additional modification of the same type that you were crafting whenever you crit.

has anyone seen what exactly the new mods are on a crit? Ultimately it still seems moot though, since better mods will be obtained from PvP/PvE progression gear, as well as raids.

I'm not on the PTS yet. Hope to be before the week's out.

There's a Black Hole Daily Commendations vendor? Isn't Black Hole an operation?

Do you mean that there is an operations vendor for tokens from Black Hole, much like exists for Tionese/Columni/Rakata gear, rather than a "daily" vendor?

Or is there in fact a new set of daily quests for level 50s that gives daily tokens for Black Hole gear?

I would be interested in knowing this too. Whether new daily commendations allow for purchase of raid level mods/armoring/etc or not?

Obsolete in terms of stats, maybe... but it's been stated that the item color (the look) will *not* be available in the foreseeable future (at least through v1.3, I think). I'd have to dig to find the exact post from Georg. This item is meant to be a limited-run credit sink purely for vanity purposes, nothing more, for those who can afford items for 1M/2.5M respectively... (reference post here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3467987#edit3467987)

Depending on how you "color coordinate" your toon, the white crystal can look just fine... ;)

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2679/screenshot2012031818561.jpg

As for the CyberTech stuff in the various discussions, it does sound like we'll get schematics for the tanking-stat mods finally, which would be welcome. It will make life easier for my tankassin to get geared up for sure.

Getting 2 mods or armorings on a crit is going to be a nice bonus, as sometimes getting low-mid tier mats can be a royal PITA.

I doubt I will get any toons on PTS high enough level to see the Black Hole or Corellia daily content, so if people have further info on those, it will be welcome.

Edited by scootle

has anyone seen what exactly the new mods are on a crit? Ultimately it still seems moot though, since better mods will be obtained from PvP/PvE progression gear, as well as raids.

A crit means that you get the mod you were originally crafting, plus an additional, identical, mod.

Crits will not teach you new mods. That's what reverse engineering will be for.

Wanted to comment that the T2 > T3 prefix trees are not set in stone. Specifically while trying to get a lvl49 Cunning (Ion-charged Power Device) into a Fervor (+crit and +accuracy) or an Endowment (+crit and +surge) earpiece the Critical variant RE'd into a Hawkeye (+pwr and accuracy) variant. Seems something to do w/the base piece already having some +crit and +accuracy on it.

Wanted to comment that the T2 > T3 prefix trees are not set in stone. Specifically while trying to get a lvl49 Cunning (Ion-charged Power Device) into a Fervor (+crit and +accuracy) or an Endowment (+crit and +surge) earpiece the Critical variant RE'd into a Hawkeye (+pwr and accuracy) variant. Seems something to do w/the base piece already having some +crit and +accuracy on it.

Thanks! I'll investigate this further myself by tracking my RE procs. I was relying on the RE sticky for some of that info. Will be interesting to see what the truth is.

Excellent write up thanks for sharing it.

Have you came across the Prototype Transport Beacon by any chance, i have not been able to find much information about it at all.

Yes... I'm finally getting back to you on this :D

I've looked everywhere for this schematic, and right now it appears that it was a BETA only item, that was taken out before release. Whether or not it will be incorportated at some future point in time remains to be seen.

Personally, I would love to see this in 1.2. A cybertech group summon? YES PLEASE!!!

Yes... I'm finally getting back to you on this :D

Great guide! Been looking for additional information on Cybertech. Anyways, can you give tips on how to get Agrinium? It hardly comes out when I try it in missions.

Thanks in advance! :)

Has anyone come across any info re: the Cybertech speeders in 1.2? e.g. are we still stuck with only the same "three" models? I put that in quotes because rank 1 is the same as the vendor model and ranks 2 and 3 are, well, just a recolor of itself... :p

Personally, I'd love if they would make moddable speeders that we could slot things like appearance/sound packages and/or performance upgrades into... that would be fun to roll on a riced-out speeder bike... haha! Blue neon anyone?

Also, any word on if mods with TANKING stats will finally be accessible to us?

Great guide! Been looking for additional information on Cybertech. Anyways, can you give tips on how to get Agrinium? It hardly comes out when I try it in missions.

Purple mats for any given UT tier only come if you "crit" the mission, so it's hit-miss there... send companions with the highest affection for maximum crit rate (or companions with +crit UT bonuses). The only missions that *ensure* purple mat returns are the special one-off "epic" missions you can get via Slicing crits or from the GTN (for a lot of cash).

Edited by scootle

Thanks for explaining it to me. I'm quite new to the game. Is there a faster way of raising your affection with your companion aside from the gifts? Its taking forever - im about 3 to 4k of affection on my main which is level 35 at the moment.

Has anyone come across any info re: the Cybertech speeders in 1.2? e.g. are we still stuck with only the same "three" models? I put that in quotes because rank 1 is the same as the vendor model and ranks 2 and 3 are, well, just a recolor of itself... :p

Personally, I'd love if they would make moddable speeders that we could slot things like appearance/sound packages and/or performance upgrades into... that would be fun to roll on a riced-out speeder bike... haha! Blue neon anyone?

Purple mats for any given UT tier only come if you "crit" the mission, so it's hit-miss there... send companions with the highest affection for maximum crit rate (or companions with +crit UT bonuses). The only missions that *ensure* purple mat returns are the special one-off "epic" missions you can get via Slicing crits or from the GTN (for a lot of cash).

Thanks for explaining it to me. I'm quite new to the game. Is there a faster way of raising your affection with your companion aside from the gifts? Its taking forever - im about 3 to 4k of affection on my main which is level 35 at the moment.

Each new Companion gains affection from quests at a greater rate than the companions before. Earlier companions seem to have more gifts that they love, thus making them easier to level up with gifts, for the most part. The later companions can be leveled up easier using quests.

The fastest way is to hit level 50 and then do daily quests. The daily quests are designed to help you improve your companion affection. Many of them will give you up to 3 affection opportunities, meaning that if your companion has a base 40 affection gain, you can get up to 120 affection for answering the "correct" responses that your companion likes.

When using the last companion, with a base affection gain of 102, that means you can get as much as 306 affection per quest for many of the quests. At that rate, it doesn't take too long to max out their affection.

If you find a companion that is difficult to level because they are bugged and the gifts don't work as well as they should (Ashara for the Inquisitor seems to be bugged for me) then level their affection using quests.

Edited by Craftamancer

No word yet on tanking mods etc. As soon as I have anything concrete regarding that and other cybertech changes in 1.2 I'll update the main post with upcoming changes.

I love the idea of "pimping" out your ride :D

Edited by Craftamancer

Great read. Thank you.

Could you clarify the "stacking" issue posted here:

Yes, the +35 from Redoubt does not stack with the +40 from the Tier 2 prefix. I will change that immediately, and thank you for pointing that out.

Great read. Thank you.

Could you clarify the "stacking" issue posted here:

'Redoubt' prefix gives +35 defense, when you successfully reverse engineer that into any Tier 2 Prefix, it's showing as +40 defense, what the 'stacking' means is that it is NOT additive. So it won't be 35+40 = 75 defense total, instead the 35 defense is replaced with 40. Essentially you gain +5 defense overall going from Redoubt to any Tier 2 prefix. Hope that made sense