The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

1/12/28, vent-focused for sustain.

Pacmoon

Pretty much since I started Powertech I've been rocking the 4/6/31 and putting the fear of god in anyone who crosses me. However, I want to get brain-dead lazy w/ heat management so I've been exploring builds that support that.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3010zZMsr00MZbIbbdGhMc.1

-Prototype Cylinder Ventilation + Superheated Rail for heat venting

-Thermal Detonator burst is lost, but is hopefully made up for by sustainability.

-High end pyrotech talents are grabbed for DPS

-Doesn't rely on shields for venting like the ST/PT build.

Thoughts?

Edited by Pacmoon

Pretty much since I started Powertech I've been rocking the 4/6/31 and putting the fear of god in anyone who crosses me. However, I want to get brain-dead lazy w/ heat management so I've been exploring builds that support that.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#3010zZMsr00MZbIbbdGhMc.1

-Prototype Cylinder Ventilation + Superheated Rail for heat venting

-Thermal Detonator burst is lost, but is hopefully made up for by sustainability.

-High end pyrotech talents are grabbed for DPS

-Doesn't rely on shields for venting like the ST/PT build.

Thoughts?

Uh...

Which cylinder are you intending to run with?

er... HEGC of course!

You're abandoning SO MUCH synergy that CGC has with the Pyro tree to get an extra 8 heat vented every 6 seconds, much of which you'll give right back trying to keep Incendiary Missile up. It's ghastly.

I don't want to be one of those people who poops on experimental specs, but the poop just flew right out of me on this one. I'm sorry.

You're abandoning SO MUCH synergy that CGC has with the Pyro tree to get an extra 8 heat vented every 6 seconds, much of which you'll give right back trying to keep Incendiary Missile up. It's ghastly.

I don't want to be one of those people who poops on experimental specs, but the poop just flew right out of me on this one. I'm sorry.

To be fair, on bosses you want Incin up anyway if you can help it. It is very efficient damage/Heat if it runs its full course.

On trash and fights which require target switching or dealing with adds however, not having CGC as Pyro is a nightmare. 1.33 heat a second isn't really worth the trade off, especially when Pyro tends to handle heat so well unless you're very unlucky.

Edit: I just reread the OP and realized this might be a PvP build. If it is then I do not support the loss of Thermal Detonator, espescially since you don't gain any meaningful survivability. TD burst is HUGE in PvP if used right.

Edited by chainsawsamurai

Seemed better at heat management than ST/PT though, since you're not relying on a proc of a proc that only has a chance of applying if you're being targeted (i.e. not reliable in most pve dps situations).

Carolina Parakeet is a tank hybrid build, not a dps build.