Companion Quest Bug: What You Do For a Partner

DocHolidae

I just picked this quest up today and try as I might i cannot enter the quest phase. I know the northern door i got pointed to might not be the right one. I found a helpful post that showed a different door that I had to use, but that one was blocked as well. I've looked up several workarounds and none of them have worked.

1. I left Nar Shadaa entirely and returned. No luck

2. I dismissed Kaliyo and resummoned her. Nothing.

3. I tried abandoning the quest, but I can't. The game just simply won't let me.

I'm wondering if anyone knows a definite solution to this. It's quite annoying.

I did this one last night.

Did you actually fly away from Nar Shaddaa and return, or just board your ship and leave?

Mine didn't reset to the lower door until I actually flew to Hutta and back. I didn't have to exit on Hutta, just jump there and back.

If you want to see a further bug, once you are inside the phase, you can summon a companion other than Kaliyo, and the chick you're rescuing will speak to her like she's Kaliyo. And you'll get a beautiful shot of Nar Shaddaa scenery everytime the cutscene switches to where it would normally show Kaliyo's face.

Hmm, probably a stupid question, but worth looking at.

Are you flying there on your ship? A friend and I are doing the entire game as a duo, and anytime we take the same ship somewhere where one of us has a "Travel To" objective, they always have to leave and come back in their ship to get the objectives to update properly.

Probably not the issue you're having, but it's the only thing I can think of other than a ticket to Support to see if there's anything they can do.

Literally had this issue 2 nights ago.

Hit the "Reset" button in my Quest log, the location indicator on the map updated to the correct location and the door was then green to me. Everything worked perfectly after that. (Not Abandon, but Reset.)

Give that a try...

Edited by pjskull

I should've mentioned in the OP that I did try a reset and it didnt work either. Sorry about that.

Hmm, probably a stupid question, but worth looking at.

Are you flying there on your ship? A friend and I are doing the entire game as a duo, and anytime we take the same ship somewhere where one of us has a "Travel To" objective, they always have to leave and come back in their ship to get the objectives to update properly.

Probably not the issue you're having, but it's the only thing I can think of other than a ticket to Support to see if there's anything they can do.

And yes, I'm using my personal ship to go from planet to planet. I'll try a bunch of combinations of leaving the planet, flying to a new one, exiting my ship/not exiting my ship and see what i can find out. This is getting to be frustrating as hell. I'm also going to put in a ticket to see what CS has to say.

Im having the same problem. Ive done numerous of things to try an resolve this issue, but still doesn't let me into the quest zone.

-Ive reset the mission

-Ive Abandoned the mission

-Ive left planet an came back numerous times

-Ive tried it in a party an out of party

-Ive dismissied Kaliyo and resummoned her

I mean is it a level req. issue? or do you have to have a certain corresponding quest along with it? Because i did have a quest that took me into the hangout, but it didn't correspond with the "What to do for a partner" Mission at all. Will a Admin/Moderator come by an explain or can we get a fix for this?

OK.. so I have had this problem as well and I tried various ways to fix it, it's most annoying. It seems to be tied to completing specific quests off world, well at least in my case.

This is what I did to make it work.

After completing the Nar Shaddaa Class quest, my agent was sent to Drummond Kaas. When I got there. I dropped (abandoned) "What You Do For a Partner"

Visited that daughter of the assassinated Lord Janus (*correct me if I got the wrong name)

Completed that conversation then went to the Cantina on Drummond Kaas and went thru the conversation again with Kaliyo, where she then tells me to return to Nar Shaddaa.

After going back to the ship.. and doing another conversation with the holonet, I decided to one more time to go to Nar Shaddaa and see if the Kaliyo quest is working.

Sure enough it worked. I got there and the quest updated to say to go to the Exchange, and I was then able to complete it :).

Oddest thing about this, When you have this bug, it sends you to the wrong doorway, the actual doorway is actually way in the bottom south room.

Hope this helps someone.

OK.. so I have had this problem as well and I tried various ways to fix it, it's most annoying. It seems to be tied to completing specific quests off world, well at least in my case.

This is what I did to make it work.

After completing the Nar Shaddaa Class quest, my agent was sent to Drummond Kaas. When I got there. I dropped (abandoned) "What You Do For a Partner"

Visited that daughter of the assassinated Lord Janus (*correct me if I got the wrong name)

Completed that conversation then went to the Cantina on Drummond Kaas and went thru the conversation again with Kaliyo, where she then tells me to return to Nar Shaddaa.

After going back to the ship.. and doing another conversation with the holonet, I decided to one more time to go to Nar Shaddaa and see if the Kaliyo quest is working.

Sure enough it worked. I got there and the quest updated to say to go to the Exchange, and I was then able to complete it :).

Oddest thing about this, When you have this bug, it sends you to the wrong doorway, the actual doorway is actually way in the bottom south room.

Hope this helps someone.

I finally got it resolved in a manner similar to this. I, too, went and spoke to Darth Zhorrid on Dromund Kaas and found the Kaliyo quest had sorted itself out. I didnt, however, abandon and re-aquire the quest. It just seems to respond to completing quests offworld. It's really odd.

So yeah, if you're having this issue try leaving and completing a quest or two on another planet.

What finally worked for me was that I walked to the area on Nar Shadaa where the next step was actually supposed to take place (not the place marked on the map when you first receive the quest), but I still couldn't enter. When I did another quest in that same area, I figured I'd try resetting the quest again from the log, and presto, the log entry and the map got updated and I was able to proceed.

I tried numerous ways to figure out how to get the quest log to update.

The way that worked for me was to travel to another planet (I flew to Hutta and stayed on my ship), abandon the quest, retook the quest (by chatting with Kaliyo on the ship), flew back to Nar Shaddaa, and presto!

I hope this helps anyone who has the same trouble later on.

Thats exactly what it is, apparently you must go an speak to Darth Zhorrid(sp?) back on Dromuund Kass after you finish the Nar Shaddaa quest chain.

Then you'll be able to go back an do the quest "What to do for a partner" mission.

Thx for the input guys.

I tried numerous ways to figure out how to get the quest log to update.

The way that worked for me was to travel to another planet (I flew to Hutta and stayed on my ship), abandon the quest, retook the quest (by chatting with Kaliyo on the ship), flew back to Nar Shaddaa, and presto!

I hope this helps anyone who has the same trouble later on.

Seems like there are more random factors than these, as I've tried both these with no success. Some things that work for some aren't working for others.

Nothing I have done fixes this.....I am frustrated that they have yet to even attempt to fix such a screwed up bug because it seems almost everyone has the issue. The games been out almost a month and nothing.....reminds me of Age of Conan....great game ruined by simple quest bugs that never got addresed till 6months -1 or more after launch. Oh well, hope they fix it soon.

• 2 months later...

In case anyone is still having this issue.

I encountered this problem today. I tried every single possible solution listed on this thread (trust me I tried them all)

When I was about to either give up or send in a ticket I tried one last thing that worked.

As I said after trying everything others did in here I was frustrated by the red door of the quest so before I left right there by the door I abandoned the quest after that I ported to the Cantina in Nar Shadaa talk to Kaliyo again and re took the quest. Without leaving Nar Shadaa I just went to the quest spot again. I knew this time would work because it's actually in a different location. Got there and it was green and I finally did the quest.