The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Remove Lightsaber Color Restrictions

HundeThutt

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure this is irrelevant now. My sage has used a red saber since lvl 1.

But, even lore-wise, picking up a saber and using it (Anakin) isn't the same as having it be your saber.

But, I'm pretty sure that there wouldn't be any physical restriction to using it, even in lore. I mean, it's not like you even have to be Jedi/Sith to even activate a saber.

Thread was dead for 4 years for a reason. All crystals craft able now and CM are +41 and don't have restrictions. Don't revive old threads unless its relevant. Please, they are dead for a reason and probably half of those people in the thread don't play the game anymore.

Actually there were many Jedi that used Red lightsabers, for example: Obi-wan Kenobi used one of Ventress's lightsabers in the clone wars when they were being attacked by Darth Maul; Anakin Skywalker used a red lightsaber in conjunction with his own to decapitate Count Dooku; Also a Jedi Knight known as Adi Gallia used a red blade as their own Saber. The Jedi don't have a problem with a red saber color, just the technology of the crystals, the reason being that almost all red crystals are synthetic and were created using the dark side of the force, however there are natural red crystals, although VERY rare. So according to the sentences above, the Jedi in SWTOR should in fact be able to use a red saber, although not banned by the council, a red synthetic crystal could still be used, but it is very frowned upon. If the Jedi in SWTOR are like any other Jedi in the Star Wars universe, they wouldn't care if a Jedi used a red saber, so long they used a natural crystal. A Jedi should be able to use a red crystal regardless of their alignment, also there are many Sith depicted with Blue, Green, even Purple lightsabers, so Sith should be able to use Jedi colored crystals with absolutely no problem, other than the occasional dirty look from other Sith Lords. So the color of the saber should NOT be restricted by alignment or faction if the game wants to stay congruent with the rest of the Star Wars universe.

The force is not strong with this one. Why pull up a 4 year old post. That is not only dead but no longer relavent.

The post was originally made when the game first went live. Because Imps could only use red or purple crystals if I recall. They were asking BW to not keep that. And they didn't.

So let this post be reburied.

The force is not strong with this one. Why pull up a 4 year old post. That is not only dead but no longer relavent.

The post was originally made when the game first went live. Because Imps could only use red or purple crystals if I recall. They were asking BW to not keep that. And they didn't.

So let this post be reburied.

So you want the post buried again...by bumping it up with your own post? brilliant...absolutely brilliant.

(and no I don't care either way, so my "bumping" is irrelevant to me and my point)