What's the point of "uninterruptable" in cover when...

darqwonders

a) You can still be constantly stunned... interrupting you.

b) You can be knocked down, interrupting you AND removing you from cover.

c) You can be pulled out of cover, interrupting you again.

d) you can be pushed out of cover, interrupting you yet again.

For being a stationary target... cover is rather ****. People can do everything to you they can do to a normal person, but you're not moving, so they can LOS you.

For being a stationary target... cover is rather ****. People can do everything to you they can do to a normal person, but you're not moving, so they can LOS you.

its basically saying

"hey look at me im going to try and cast my highest damage ability, CC me and you win!"

Considering cover completely negates a Juggernaut, Marauder, Powertech (aside from grapple) and their mirrors gap closers i'd say you have a pretty good deal as is. You also want to be perma immune to CC? Good luck with that :p

Stuns are not interrupts,

Knock downs are not interrupts.

Knockbacks are not interrupts

Interrupts are simply just that a ability that's only purpose is to interrupt a cast time.

Example of a interrupt: http://www.torhead.com/ability/4KDIX86/jolt

Also you cannot be pulled from cover, Force pull will not work on covered targets.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/8Be4RD1/force-pull

Considering cover completely negates a Juggernaut, Marauder, Powertech (aside from grapple) and their mirrors gap closers i'd say you have a pretty good deal as is. You also want to be perma immune to CC? Good luck with that :p

It does negate grapple.

Of course our stun can be used at 30m, so it doesn't negate Grapple or Jet Charge for long.

Snipers are in a bad place right now. The entirety of the class' PvP revolves around not being seen in terrain that offers no place to hide while trying to do as much damage as possible before you're noticed.

Also, they are one of the only classes that is significantly affected by Defense, Shield, and Armor.

Not saying Snipers should reroll entirely while they wait on a buff, but I'd probably bench mine for PvP if I had one.

It does negate grapple.

Of course our stun can be used at 30m, so it doesn't negate Grapple or Jet Charge for long.

Snipers are in a bad place right now. The entirety of the class' PvP revolves around not being seen in terrain that offers no place to hide while trying to do as much damage as possible before you're noticed.

Also, they are one of the only classes that is significantly affected by Defense, Shield, and Armor.

Not saying Snipers should reroll entirely while they wait on a buff, but I'd probably bench mine for PvP if I had one.

Im about to bench mine (highest level character). My commando does much higher burst when going against all the BHs.

On paper the slinger/sniper might have 20%-30% more damage, but once you include damage mitigation the damage is actually close to a commando who has 48% armor penetration after 3 grav rounds. However once incluidng specific talents, grav round+HIB is close to free compared to any of the gunslinger attacks.

Also a commando does not lose all his main defenses once he moves 1 foot to the side.

Edited by shadowAI

You should read the descriptions of some of the abilities that do not work on covered targets. E.g you cannot be pulled out of cover.

Although it does white bar, it's possible as a shadow/assassin tank to electrocute followed with a force pull to get a sniper down.

A warrior was smart enough to wait until I stunned a sniper from far away to charge him, too. That was fun.

Edited by Knifewrench