Who is the Emperor?

DaftMule

I was listening to the various Lore history report vids on the 'tOR website yesterday and at no time did it say who the "Emperor" was during this time line.

He's obviously been kicking around for a while even in this current game time-line. Can't imagine it's Senator Palpatine from the film timeline though is it?

Do we have a name for him pre his "The Emperor" megalomania years?

The Emperor is the Emperor.

It really isn't known who he is, I don't think. What is known is that it isn't:

Revan or Malgus. Revan is killed in a 4 man group as is Malgus, but the Emperor is still alive after both their deaths.

In no way could it be Palpatine since this takes place... 2-3,000 years before the time of the Republic from Episode 1, and Palpatine hasn't been alive that long. We also know that he was around during Bane's Rule of Two since he was the apprentice to Darth Plagueis.

Who hasn't made an appearance in ToR.

Yes, the Emperor has in fact been named in the novel SWTOR: Revan by Drew Karphyshyn:

The Emperor's name is Tenebrae, illegitimate son of Lord Dramath and born on the planet Nathema. Though of course, this is the story as told by Darth Nyriss, and it can't be ruled out that she's lying about certain details.

It's Revan himself. The dark council has cut themselves off from him and sealed him away. Revan is old but he still fits into this timeline. Whoever said it was palpatine... Really, you think palpatine lived for 3000+ years?

O.o Yeah....no. That is just incorrect and the source of that theory is a bunch of crazy people on Dromun Kaas.

• 2 weeks later...
The Emperor is the Emperor.

It really isn't known who he is, I don't think. What is known is that it isn't:

Revan or Malgus. Revan is killed in a 4 man group as is Malgus, but the Emperor is still alive after both their deaths.

In no way could it be Palpatine since this takes place... 2-3,000 years before the time of the Republic from Episode 1, and Palpatine hasn't been alive that long. We also know that he was around during Bane's Rule of Two since he was the apprentice to Darth Plagueis.

Who hasn't made an appearance in ToR.

Revan did not die he just disappeared, BW would not kill their most beloved character without an epic ending.

• 5 months later...
Emperor what Emperor.....I am the Empress, thats right, a woman is in charge .....muahahahahahaha.......now time to get some fashion designers in here and fix all the Imperial Uniforms and gear, we need to not only beat down the jedi but look good doing so....... :p

A female emperor bossing around?

Me gusta.

ah, but how can he be the emperor when his name is difficult to pronounce?

everyone knows megalomaniacal despots have easy to pronounce names, so their victims can stutter it in fear immediately before being executed.

Besides, the emperor needs no body. he just uses the voice of the emperor to give orders to the sith he doesn't want to know about his other, actually trustworthy servants

What is so hard to pronounce about ViSH-e-ate? If you saw his name in written form and then tried to pronounce it, ok then I could see some people flubbing it but it's not like his name is Quetzalcoatl or anything. Edited by Temeluchus

Is there a definitive answer on who the Emperor is. Considering if it is Reaven we are all going to die, because he/she depending on what you played. Still has the Star Forge as far as I can remember. If the Star Forge is still around then we have no hope of fighting back.

So BioWare and everyone else in charge need to tell us. Who the Emperor is dang it!!! I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I loved the first Kotor.

I play Sith mostly so knowing would help a lot.

There is no more star forge, got blown up pre-TOR game, by a few hundred years. His name is Tenebrae or Lord Vitiate, but considering he underwent dark rituals in order to keep possessing others, his name could change with each new host body (aka Voice of the emperor).

His name is Tenebrae or Lord Vitiate, but considering he underwent dark rituals in order to keep possessing others, his name could change with each new host body (aka Voice of the emperor).

Little inaccurate here, he underwent rituals to keep his main body alive, but the game indicates the Emperor's Voice is simply a portal for his main body to view the rest of the galaxy, ie he controls it but his spirit does not posses it.

His main body exists in an unknown place (and is still in use) while the Emperor's Voice and the Emperor's Hand let him extend his reach beyond his absolute authority.

Is there a definitive answer on who the Emperor is. Considering if it is Reaven we are all going to die, because he/she depending on what you played. Still has the Star Forge as far as I can remember. If the Star Forge is still around then we have no hope of fighting back.

So BioWare and everyone else in charge need to tell us. Who the Emperor is dang it!!! I'm a huge Star Wars fan and I loved the first Kotor.

The Star Forge went kablooey as well as it's sister station of the Foundry, however a third station from the Infinite Empire is said to be out there but we have not encountered yet.

The Emperor was born Tenebrae and then took the Sith name Vitiate(pronounced ViSH-e-ate) and he was a Sith Lord during the Great Hyperspace War and built a new Empire from the ashes of the old one. More info on him is in the Revan novel,Blood of the Empire comics and his Wookieepedia page.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Emperor

Edited by Temeluchus

It's not Revan it's Vitiate http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Emperor

read Return to the known galaxy, and Cold War sections. Note these happen in game and contains spoilers for JK/SW story

If you need proof it's not Revan

Play the Flashpoints Taral V (Rep only), Maelstrom Prison (Rep only), Boarding Party (Imp only), The Foundry (Imp only).

In that order and watch the videos

Edited by irishtim