Will this processor work with my motherboard ? Or is there something better i can get

aromascent

Im looking to upgrade my processor i have a new gpu coming and was wondering if this would be a good one to upgrade with or is there something better around the same price range of 60-100 i can put in ? DXDIAG below Edited by aromascent

What matters is the socket the processor requires and what socket the motherboard supports. Neither of these show up on DxDiag, afaik. Try to find the box your motherboard came in, it should be listed on there.

After looking through your links, I've concluded that it doesn't. Your Motherboard has a AM2 socket and the processor requires an AM3 Socket.

Edited by BizWax

100% no.

That board is a Socket AM2 motherboard, that CPU is a Socket AM3 CPU.

Honestly I'd consider getting a mobo/cpu/ram combo to outfit your rig, maybe a new case too since Dell cases are a bit cramped, but thankfully not nearly as annoying to work in as HP. (They still suck compared to off the box cases.)

100% no.

That board is a Socket AM2 motherboard, that CPU is a Socket AM3 CPU.

Honestly I'd consider getting a mobo/cpu/ram combo to outfit your rig, maybe a new case too since Dell cases are a bit cramped, but thankfully not nearly as annoying to work in as HP. (They still suck compared to off the box cases.)

Can you recommend any ? im no good with stuff like that lol id love to have a gaming case too :D The cpu needs to be at least 3.0ghz cause it will be used to work from home also. I also plan on buying windows 7 64 bit:D

Edited by aromascent

Can you recommend any ? im no good with stuff like that lol id love to have a gaming case too :D The cpu needs to be at least 3.0ghz cause it will be used to work from home also. I also plan on buying windows 7 64 bit:D

Can you give me a realistic budget for what you want to spend on your rig? Also instead of dxdiag please google "Speccy" and it will give you a much easier to work with rundown of your current hardware so i can help you out better.

Otherwise I'd love to help ya get something together.

0.o SCSI hard drive? DDR2 Ram at a relatively low clock speed, etc. There really isn't a single thing I'd salvage from your computer.

From the premade/bundle kits on newegg I'd consder

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.793703 + a GTX560 TI

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.752648 if you want a cheaper CPU/Mobo combo, still stick with a 560TI

Given how good the sandy bridge processors are for cost/performance value I'd generally stick with them. If you must get an AMD based system:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.793706

Thanks much !!! I would prefer a intel based system since amd/ati is crap nowdays lol I would like to upgrade to as much as 16 g eventually when i have the money is there any other suggestions motherboard combo wise that has enough slots for that Edited by aromascent

Thanks much !!! I would prefer a intel based system since amd/ati is crap nowdays lol

I, personally, would spring a bit extra for a i5 2500k and a decent cooler and overclock it, but honestly within your budget any of those machines paired with a mid range graphics card will not just blow your current rig out of the water, it will walk over and office space stomp the remains.

I, personally, would spring a bit extra for a i5 2500k and a decent cooler and overclock it, but honestly within your budget any of those machines paired with a mid range graphics card will not just blow your current rig out of the water, it will walk over and office space stomp the remains.

hehe !! We bought this for my daughter quite a few years ago then my machine took a crap so i stole her back until i replace it:o