Hutball is broken.

Typheran

As is stands now abilities that allow the ball carrier to bypass choke points and blatantly broken.

While the imbalance leans heavily to force users other classes are left to wonder why.

A force user can jump across fire with the ball or out of the pit.

A force user can force run across fire or away from people they are in combat with while holding the ball.

A sorc can pull a ball carrier across fire or up a cliff.

A sorc shield protects you from knock back, making a force running shielded sorc equal a free cap.

Mean while Agents and BH have to wait for the hazards.

so.... what is the point of agents and BH to play huttball?

Mark my words.. when you can que for individual pvp zones huttball will only be force users.

They really need to make using using these broken abilities force you to drop the ball.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As is stands now abilities that allow the ball carrier to bypass choke points and blatantly broken.

While the imbalance leans heavily to force users other classes are left to wonder why.

A force user can force run across fire or away from people they are in combat with while holding the ball.

A sorc shield protects you from knock back, making a force running shielded sorc equal a free cap.

Mean while Agents and BH have to wait for the hazards.

so.... what is the point of agents and BH to play huttball?

Mark my words.. when you can que for individual pvp zones huttball will only be force users.

They really need to make using using these broken abilities force you to drop the ball.

If you spec'd powertech instead of loldps tracer missile spam, you'd realize that BH's can charge over hazards on top of being able to pull enemies off catwalks and into the pit with grapple.

I agree with the Sorc part, though.

That **** needs to be fixed. Make both the pull and the shield high level healing tree talents, imo.

Powertechs have a jump to jump to the enemy

Powertechs have a pull to pull enemys into fire/acid

Powertechs have shields to run through said fire/acid

Sorc pull has 1 minute cool-down

Sorc shield protects you from a set amount of damage, and its NOT enough to run through fire, especially while running so slow with the ball, and you're more likely to be immobilized (doesn't count as stun)

Operatives have insta-knockdown backstab that I've been crit for 7k for

Every class has their pluses and minuses. There are players that use them better. Learn your skills and use them appropriately. There are some nice stickies here that will give you some tips on how to do hutt-ball correctly. Using your resolve correctly, and even timing the fire can give you a huge bonus. Hutt-ball is very team and skill oriented.

If you spec'd powertech instead of loldps tracer missile spam, you'd realize that BH's can charge over hazards on top of being able to pull enemies off catwalks and into the pit with grapple.

I agree with the Sorc part, though.

That **** needs to be fixed. Make both the pull and the shield high level healing tree talents, imo.

Can they hell charge over hazards. Someone is spreading false information.

The fix is actually an easy one which needs no class rebalancing, by building on existing Huttball rules.

Currently:

- if a stealth class goes into stealth, they drop the ball

So, logically building on that:

- when a force user leaps, they drop the ball,

- when a force user pulls a friend, the target drops the ball,

- when a force user speed buffs, they drop the ball.

Which should cover most of the flagrant problems.

So can a powertech/vanguard

Vanguards, powertechs, operatives and scoundrels all have various speed increases.

And a powertech can pull them right back down.

I get knocked back all the time in PvP, even with my barrier. Not sure where this comes from.

Powertechs have a jump to jump to the enemy

Powertechs have a pull to pull enemys into fire/acid

Powertechs have shields to run through said fire/acid

Sorc pull has 1 minute cool-down

Sorc shield protects you from a set amount of damage, and its NOT enough to run through fire, especially while running so slow with the ball, and you're more likely to be immobilized (doesn't count as stun)

Operatives have insta-knockdown backstab that I've been crit for 7k for

Every class has their pluses and minuses. There are players that use them better. Learn your skills and use them appropriately. There are some nice stickies here that will give you some tips on how to do hutt-ball correctly. Using your resolve correctly, and even timing the fire can give you a huge bonus. Hutt-ball is very team and skill oriented.

PT's need to go shield tech for most of that, which is pretty much useless in pvp anyway. Also the shield does **** all against the fire to be fair, you still die. and the jump move, needs someone dumb enough to stand at the other side. Give me an op run through fire, take no damage sprint any day of the week.

PT's need to go shield tech for most of that, which is pretty much useless in pvp anyway. Also the shield does **** all against the fire to be fair, you still die. and the jump move, needs someone dumb enough to stand at the other side. Give me an op run through fire, take no damage sprint any day of the week.

What are you talking about? Sprint doesn't block damage, and the shield can only absorb about 1 1/2 ticks of the fire.

The fix is actually an easy one which needs no class rebalancing, by building on existing Huttball rules.

Currently:

That is what I am saying. +1

They should have done it right. ball carriers get limited "ball carrier" skills, and aren't allowed any extra speed buffs than their basic one. Other game do it, carrying objective based items slows you down and limits to what you can do, but BW tried to be different, and failed.

They should have done it right. ball carriers get limited "ball carrier" skills, and aren't allowed any extra speed buffs than their basic one. Other game do it, carrying objective based items slows you down and limits to what you can do, but BW tried to be different, and failed.

Except WoW then, which you seem to be referring too, where Druids were rocking increased speed while everyone else didn't.

I just don't see why this is a problem? Both sides have these abilities. They are tools used to achieve an objective, they do not make or break the game. What people are trying to do here is make knockbacks even better - in fact, the only way to play Huttball if there would be no speed buffs, leaps or pulls.

Currently:

Just make them not usable on the carrier.

And remove passing directly into endzone while your at it.

Current game places far too much emphasis on composition, with a heavy focus on jedi/sith classes.

Punts are ok in my mind, speed boosting while holding something extremely heavy is not.

Currently:

Sounds good, but id miss my friendly grip and force speed ... I think speed buffs should be permitted imho (at least force speed) because if you remove that, then remove the bubble that powertechs have ^^

That's not true. My Sorc can charge through the fire is he is at full health but when he exits he will have literally a sliver of health left.

I take max of one or two ticks from the fire when I use Force Speed.

Edited by Cyphen

There are people posting here who SERIOUSLY want to change class skills for one WZ? Sure, why the hell not balance the game around Huttball.

Jesus wept.

I don't. I just want the ball to drop if someone uses force run/jump or pull to bypass hazards on the map.

As it stands now OP's drop the ball if they cloak. Why are they penalized while a sorc can shield, making him immune to knockback, and forcerun through fire?

either way it's the same result. an enemy cap without any recourse.

Currently:

If they make it so abilities like force charge and intercede make you drop the ball then that kind of gimps the warrior class in that game