PvP Kinetic build

Accession

So, what's everyone's favorite kinetic build for PvPing? Normally PvP as Infil with full Stalker as a full group of 4, including a healer. My Survivor set is just about finished, so I want to try out some OP Guarding.

Tried the Harnessed Shadows build and wasn't impressed. The Circling Shadows + Upheaval build was a bit better. Ideas?

For me switching to Kinetic from Infil was.. disappoiting. Damage wasn't all that good, as expected but still fairly disappointing to me. But I stuck to it because I was asked to be the guilds Offtank for raids and I accepted.

I would really suggest to just read the Shadows Handbook about Kinetic combat and start doing some PvE questing / grinding to get the hang off it.

My experience in PvP with a Standard tank build 31/0/10 greatly increased when I learned everything about the spec itself.

Harnessed Shadows must be the talent I love most about the spec, heals you for a fair amount and with the increased Crit Rate Spell that I forgot the name of I do about 4,8k damage over the duration and heal myself for half of it.

Kinetic has great survivabilty, good self healing and mix in some defensive cooldowns you are pretty much unkillable with a healer. You quickly become an annoyance for healers, with all the interupts you have like Spinning Kick (20sec cd with Survivor set), Mind Snap, Stun, Force Wave and Force Lift.

I have heard that a full Kinetic build (up to Slow Time) is bad damage for PvP, so I have only tried hybrid builds. I will not be doing any PvE, so those builds do not matter much to me.

Why you would go Kinetic for damage is beyond me.

Why you would go Kinetic for damage is beyond me.

In PvP there is no reason to go for high threat abilities such as Slow Time. However, talents such as Stasis and Impact Control can be great for PvP when you are well geared and have a healer to Guard. So the idea is to maximize survivability while trying to keep as much damage as possible.

In PvP there is no reason to go for high threat abilities such as Slow Time. However, talents such as Stasis and Impact Control can be great for PvP when you are well geared and have a healer to Guard. So the idea is to maximize survivability while trying to keep as much damage as possible.

Slow Time has more than threat generating abilities, and I have no idea why you seem to think I have somehow suggested you to play 31/0/10 when I merely stated that it was the Kinetic build I was playing with.

Slow Time has more than threat generating abilities, and I have no idea why you seem to think I have somehow suggested you to play 31/0/10 when I merely stated that it was the Kinetic build I was playing with.

Woah, don't get defensive. I'm just saying that I do not think a full Slow Time build is viable as a competitive PvP spec. However, I have not tried it in PvP and if you think it is then I should at least attempt it.

Just looking for other's ideas about what they prefer and have done well with.

Edited by Accession

23-0-18

Tons of damage. Good survivability. The burst with the delay on project is silly. Can run the ball really well in hutt-ball. Can 1v1 any class.

I've been outdamaged by infil shadows, but that's only if they have a guarder or healer.

If you're running alone I think this is about the best pvp spec you can roll with.

Great for PvP, enough tanking abilities to main tank at least regular mode flashpoints

I've seen this statement a few times now and i was wondering: Why would you do normal mode FPs when you're interested in PvP. The drops from normal mode FPs I've seen are way weaker than Centurion/Champion Gear, even for PvE.

23-0-18

Tons of damage. Good survivability. The burst with the delay on project is silly. Can run the ball really well in hutt-ball. Can 1v1 any class.

I've been outdamaged by infil shadows, but that's only if they have a guarder or healer.

If you're running alone I think this is about the best pvp spec you can roll with.

I just rerolled to this spec a few days ago. It's much more complicated then an Inf spec, however now that i'm learning all of it's ins and outs it is quite an awesome PvP spec. I even have been topping some of the DPS charts in WZ's because frankly i'm extremely hard to kill and I don't have a pocket healer.

I've seen this statement a few times now and i was wondering: Why would you do normal mode FPs when you're interested in PvP. The drops from normal mode FPs I've seen are way weaker than Centurion/Champion Gear, even for PvE.

For fun? to get to know the FPs? To help friends? Boredom? Social Points?

:p Not everything is about gear...

Currently running 22/1 (infiltration tactics)/18

The 10% chance seems to proc often enough to actually use shadow strike and do some decent burst with it for low force costs...

Bombardment, Stasis, and Force Pull are all much better than having a 10% chance to want to use Shadow Strike.

Slow time some one asked why use it in in PvP cause it is high threat.

Here is why I use it period. Threat I can careless about in PvP but the one thing is the 5% damage reductions to all it hits. It might not be a lot but when you pair that with AoE taunt at 35% guess what anyone they are attacking that is not you they are losing 30% damage on. so 1k hits are now 700hp easier to heal and survive.

There is a place I think in PvP for 31/0/10 builds and I do believe you can be useful.

However if you are an ego maniac and all about how many kills and how much DPS you did and not if the team won or not then 31/0/10 is not for you.