Imperials vs aliens

koddex

Some of the EU mentions the Galactic Empire (palpy's) having a Non HuMan policy, where aliens and women were discriminated against. That's why Thrawn being a grand admiral was such a big deal.

As for the Sith Empire, Sith Purebloods are probably on the level with Humans as far as the empire is concerned, because the original Sith Order was formed by Sith and Humans. Pureblood Sith have some Human genes, and established Human bloodlines amongst the empire have Sith genes too.

Hope that made sense...

Some of the EU mentions the Galactic Empire (palpy's) having a Non HuMan policy, where aliens and women were discriminated against. That's why Thrawn being a grand admiral was such a big deal.

As for the Sith Empire, Sith Purebloods are probably on the level with Humans as far as the empire is concerned, because the original Sith Order was formed by Sith and Humans. Pureblood Sith have some Human genes, and established Human bloodlines amongst the empire have Sith genes too.

Hope that made sense...

For shame mentioning Thrawn but not mentioning uhm... D... D something... you know, the uhm... the only female Grand Admiral. You know who I'm talking about!

Hope that made sense...

Thrawn is the reason why I completely discarded the entire expanded universe concept in 1991.

Let's examine it, shall we:

The first time the Sith Species meet alien life forms (the Kiliks not withstanding) in any real capacity, that particular alien group tried to conquer them. But, then, the Rakata tried to conquer everyone.

The second time, the Dark Jedi exiles, the Sith were completely dominated. Now, while the Sith did worship the Dark Jedi as Gods, it had to leave a sour taste in their mouth regarding any form of xenolife.

Throw in a bit of superiority complex, a dash of a the Dark Jedi mostly being human, and its a recipe for disaster.

This racist attitude was then handed down from generation to generation. Some of it, for the Purebloods at least, is hereditary. But, even Marka Ragnos considered himself human. In the Tales of the Jedi: Golden Age of the Sith, when he interrupts Naga Sadow's and Ludo Kressh's duel, he says; "The Dark Jedi came to this world long ago. Some of us (referencing himself as a Dark Jedi Human) inter-bred with the native Sith, weakening powerful bloodlines."

During that time, being more Sith than human was considered a negative trait, and often found in the lower castes.

It isn't until later times (i.e. now) that being more Sith than human was considered a very positive thing. Likely due in part to the Emperor's lineage, the growing rarity of the Pureblood, the Sith specie's near 100% perpensity for Force Sensitivity, and a belief that Sith Blood = Sith Power.

Edited by Kaskava

For shame mentioning Thrawn but not mentioning uhm... D... D something... you know, the uhm... the only female Grand Admiral. You know who I'm talking about!

Even you can't remember the name, don't blame me for wanting to reply without searching for it XD

Thrawn is just a really good example

why do imperials not like non human species?

i dont remember in the movie seeing any racism

and on a side note where the good cantina music!

It's an EU implication based on the fact that there are no non-human Imperials portrayed in the OT. It's dumb, frankly. There is no canonical evidence in any of the films for this position, but it's the accepted position at the moment. It ridiculous to assume that based on the microcosmically small sample of the Empire that we get in the movies.

Other may infer that because of the Bounty Hunter comment on the Executor, but I think that was just aimed at Bounty Hunters as Vader was basically saying, fine, the Imperial military can't find them, I'll hire private security forces to do it. It's hurt pride, not xenophobia.

Why would the Empire, which was once the Republic, and whose Emperor had alien members on his staff, suddenly turn virulently human-centric. It makes no sense.

Thrawn is the reason why I completely discarded the entire expanded universe concept in 1991.

You disregard all the lore over one of the best characters ever? This guy will conquer you by studying your art.

Show me anyone that is that much of a genius.