The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

This is bull, you pay for a preorder and extra money for early game access but the way things are going its going to be 5 bucks of wasted money plus the actualy preorder. i am disappointed in Bioware, very.

You do realize that the price is the same? DD was 79.99. If you got it through Origin, you paid $5, and then the game was $74.99.

How is it wasted money?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is 59.99 (for the boxed edition) You payed 54.99+5.00.

On the 20th, stores will be selling the game for 59.99.

Where did you pay extra?

(note, the more expensive versions work the EXACT same way, and note, they said UP TO 5 days early.. 5 days is tomorrow. If they let you in on the 19th, they have still done exactly what they advertised.)

This is bull, you pay for a preorder and extra money for early game access but the way things are going its going to be 5 bucks of wasted money plus the actualy preorder. i am disappointed in Bioware, very.

There hasn't been any confirmation from BW of a Wave 4 yet. Not on Twitter, or their thread tracking it.

Where did you see a Wave 4 has been sent?

might just be wishful thinking but it seems to me they are so busy monitoring/emailing invites/and actually letting people in to update their twitter r thread

this could be a really good sign :D

I was trying to figure out when I might get EGA so I did some Google'ing and found the chart linked below. Perhaps this has already been posted, but if you haven't seen it, you can use the information presented here to infer for yourself when you might get EGA:

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/2011/12/pre-order-breakdown-where-are-you-on.html

Based on what I have read in these forums and assuming the info on the linked chart is correct, I see roughly the following:

- It looks to me like about the first 100K of people got in yesterday (most of July's pre-orders)

- August had ~244K (~ = approximately) of pre orders; Sept had ~65K (I am assuming that by September the pre-orders were fairly evenly distributed week to week).

- With Day 2, Wave 3, we have people with 9/10 redemption dates getting in.

- This says to me that ~300K (perhaps a bit less) of people have received EGA today across 3 waves: ~20-25K from end of July, ~244K from August, and the first third of September ~20-25K

So, if they do 1 more wave today of ~100K that should get the approximately the first ~500K of registered pre-orders in by the end of today. If the linked chart is correct, people who registered up to the beginning of October should get in today.

As of Dec 10, VgChartz.com is reporting total pre-order sales of ~940K. Bioware seems to me to be trying to "under-promise and over-deliver". They promised us up to 5 days EGA. It looks like the first ~100K of customers will get 7 days EGA and the next ~400K will get 6 days of EGA. I am expecting/predicting that the rest (~440K+) will get in tomorrow and actually get the full 5 days of EGA, originally promised to everyone who pre-ordered.

If I am wrong, I blame it on my Vanguard-ish lack of ability with the force, bad math/pre-sales data, and/or unforeseen technical issues for Bioware.

Cheers,

Gregarus

Pre-ordered 12/12 (and therefore motivated to be optimistic)

one tiny, little issue with that... that ~940k... is only hard copies... and doesn't account for the ~1.1 million estimated Digital copies.

Guys its pretty obvious they haven't said final wave done because they are monitoring the last wave of invites.. They might do a Bonus wave based on what they see.

Every wave has had the thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16391 updated within 15mins generally. This didn't happen on the last wave.. Why?

I think its 50/50 currently if they'll send out another wave - /fingers crossed.

Edited by Draexnael

The game is 59.99 (for the boxed edition) You payed 54.99+5.00.

On the 20th, stores will be selling the game for 59.99.

Where did you pay extra?

(note, the more expensive versions work the EXACT same way, and note, they said UP TO 5 days early.. 5 days is tomorrow. If they let you in on the 19th, they have still done exactly what they advertised.)

think maybe they decided that they would change UP TO into AT LEAST, and added two days so they could get everyone in? Just a thought, since we're into October... And they're supposed to let even MORE people in tomorrow than they did today.