** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's actually awesome is while I was lurking on these boards a guy I work with came over and said

"Hey I know that site, I was thinking of playing when it comes out, what do you think?"

I told him my positive views on the game but explained how they were staggering access and he stated:

"So you'll be behind from day one, that's kind of messed up." He thanked me for the information and said he will stay with the MMO he's currently in.

This is from a non-preorder / non-hardcore guy who is looking at it from a casual players standpoint, and that was his deduction, that 'it kinda sucks' do set up access like that.

So that's the 14th pre-order I've either gotten cancelled or changed someones mind about, myself, 12 guildies and one guy at work.

Please get more to cancel so I can get in faster and the servers will not be so busy - thanks.

What's actually awesome is while I was lurking on these boards a guy I work with came over and said

"Hey I know that site, I was thinking of playing when it comes out, what do you think?"

I told him my positive views on the game but explained how they were staggering access and he stated:

"So you'll be behind from day one, that's kind of messed up." He thanked me for the information and said he will stay with the MMO he's currently in.

This is from a non-preorder / non-hardcore guy who is looking at it from a casual players standpoint, and that was his deduction, that 'it kinda sucks' do set up access like that.

So that's the 14th pre-order I've either gotten cancelled or changed someones mind about, myself, 12 guildies and one guy at work.

So what he's trying to say is that he wont ever play an MMO if he's not there on launch day? That sucks. So if he heard about Rift or WoW a few months or years after they started he wouldnt play?

So what he's trying to say is that he wont ever play an MMO if he's not there on launch day? That sucks. So if he heard about Rift or WoW a few months or years after they started he wouldnt play?

Also means he would never create another character later on because...then *they* would be behind everyone else. hehe.

whatever...

(waves goodbye)

French server is back up.

shame

on another note yes the communication from bioware has been disapointing but we are still going to get in early just not as early as we want but oh well good things come to those who wait.

Edited by beltira

ok sorry but i have had enough.. you where told since july the way it would work you knew it when you made a pre order. you have zero leg to stand on and going QQ just shows what the american kids have become.. this is starwars not obama nation you do not get handouts. you where told the rules yet you waited and yet you expect them to take away from the people who ordered when they where told to just so you can get in... tough luck kid time to moove on we dont need people like you in this game

not everyone has been following this game religiously. Last time i checked up on it before i preordered was was probably a year ago.

Please get more to cancel so I can get in faster and the servers will not be so busy - thanks.

If you enter your code into this site, you get early access, regardless of IF or WHEN you cancel your order. You basically can play for free until the 20th.

Your Co-worker is an idiot. He didn't pre-order and he is going to complain about the wave access and how that would put him behind from the get go. Completely missing the fact that he would be behind anyways no matter how they did the early access because he was going to start playing on the 20th.

Or, even if he went and pre-ordered it right now, he would be behind the people that are already in.

Whether or not there was "staggered" access is irrelevant to his QQ.

From what I'm hearing now from friends of mine who are in, the servers are decidedly not busy now. One of my friends who got in on Day 1 said the server was almost empty and it was difficult to get a group.

omg... really? i'm not getting my way so i'm gonna take my ball and go home! qq geez o' pete! THEY are doing A LOT of people an extra favor by allowing people in earlier than the 15th. quit acting like children. oh wait... you prob are 12. either case... patience young jedi. the force will allow you in.

I would like to make the point where those that pre-ordered the game during the later dates (im unsure on the earlier dates) were charged £5 for early game assess people do have a right to complain when there money has already been taken (like mine has), not that im complaining lol i couldn't play it if i had it now or tomorrow (working), i just want to state a fact.

From what I'm hearing now from friends of mine who are in, the servers are decidedly not busy now. One of my friends who got in on Day 1 said the server was almost empty and it was difficult to get a group.

I'd rather it be this way for us. I'm sure you know what it's going to be like on the 20th trying to finish "kill x number of..." quests with 50 people camping spawn points.

Stagger on, BW! Just give me one day to get out of the newbie areas and I'll be fine! :)