Move protector (endurance skill) to Defense.

Nortro

Don't see a reason why this skill is in vigilance, sorry if I remade another topic that has been discussed before. Certainly this would boost the defense tree giving the defense tree a pure tanking skill tree. Edited by Nortro

The Vigilance tree seems to have a lot of tanking skills. Other skills that seem meant for tanking:

Defiance (as the tank, you're the person most likely to get incapacitated)

Unremitting (20% DR and immunity to interrupts and CC after Force Leap)

Not to mention that you want DPS as a tank because DPS = threat.

Swelling Winds increases Force Sweep DPS and lowers its CD, which is great for AoE threat. Later, Effluence makes Force Sweep free every time.

Perserverance increases Strength by 6% for 2 points, great for threat generation.

Commanding Awe, if you can spec high enough in the tree as a tank, is a 4% damage reduction to all damage of any kind, at all times. Combined with Soresu Form, it means a 10% reduction to all damage all the time. If you have that damage resistance, hit Warding Call, then Guardian Leap to an ally (with Protector) and then Force Leap back to an enemy (with Unremitting), you would briefly have a 90% damage reduction to all attacks. :eek:

Edited by Atamasama

I followed the "hybrid" build in the sticky and I like it, still having some threat issues but it's excellent, still wish protector was in defense so I can focus on defense tree more, never was fond of hybrid builds :).