Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Give tanks stun/knockback immunity

Warlocc

I find this to be a problem as well, but to be completely immune isn't very practical. The ideal way could be to grant temporary immunity after you charge in, probably 1-3 seconds. I know there is something like this in one of the sith warrior jugg dps trees, but its not possible to get if you fill the ranking tree.

Right. Unstoppable adds 4 second immunity to Force Charge, but it's something like 9 points into the DPS Juggernaut spec.

Really? Tell me then, what talent allows a Juggernaut in the Immortal tree at say... level 28... to prevent stuns?

Unleashed knocks 30 seconds off the Unleash cooldown. Doesn't help. Unstoppable adds a 4 second immunity... Halfway through an entirely different talent tree. Doesn't help.

Really, point out a class that gives you CC immunity pre-50, in all spec options.

If you can't, then troll elsewhere, please.

Unstoppable is not half way through another tree and quiet easy to obtain with a very good tank spec, especially as you should already have 7 points in that tree already so 2 more is well spent imo.

Edited by Kolzarr

Unstoppable is not half way through another tree and quiet easy to obtain with a very good tank spec, especially as you should already have 7 points in that tree already so 2 more is well spent imo.

Unstoppable is ok, but to get it, you'd still lose out on crushing blow and hurt our threat a fair bit. You'd also lose a point in dark blood or sweeping fury. Not the most viable of options.

I've seen ideas for vengence tanking specs, but Imo, you just lose too much to make up for it with the few second of unstoppable.

Right. Unstoppable adds 4 second immunity to Force Charge, but it's something like 9 points into the DPS Juggernaut spec.

To max it out needs 12 points into the our DoT Dps tree, which locks us out of crushing blow and 1 point in our second highest tier talents.

Edited by Guaritorr

juggernauts are from from unstoppable lol...

ravage (one of there more powerful attacks) doesnt hit but the animation goes on half the time... waisting seconds...

a team of juggs vs team of inquisitors.... i 100% know that inquisitors would win. they have numerous CC abilities...

this is how PVP goes for a Jugg.... Ranged starts hitting.... i force leap over.... they push me back with one of there numbers CC abilities... i cant get close until my force leap cools down... i loose health... finally get to force leap over... they use another one of their CC abilities.. im dead

I'll preface this by saying I do not play a juggernaut so my knowledge will be highly limited to what I've observed but...

my experience is that they just walk the ball into the pit and then jump out of the pit onto the goal ledge. Yes, I'm aware there needs to be a player there to do it. The reason I made my previous statement was that now when they jump out of the pit and get knocked back in, they can just jump right back out again.

I also know that Inquisitor knockback triggers Resolve. Two knockbacks and your resolve meter is full.

Edited by Keii

I don't know about you, but Dark Blood and Sweeping Fury look pretty good to me for a tank spec, even if you're happy skipping out on Crushing Blow...

I think the easiest solution is to make it so the mobs don't CC the person highest on threat unless specifically scripted to do so (bosses).

The CC in PVP is a separate beast entirely.

Edited by Keii

I'll preface this by saying I do not play a juggernaut so my knowledge will be highly limited to what I've observed but...

my experience is that they just walk the ball into the pit and then jump out of the pit onto the goal ledge. Yes, I'm aware there needs to be a player there to do it. The reason I made my previous statement was that now when they jump out of the pit and get knocked back in, they can just jump right back out again.

I also know that Inquisitor knockback triggers Resolve. Two knockbacks and your resolve meter is full.

Well, yeah, i've done that plenty a time, but its not as easy as it looks, firstly, you need to survive long enough, secondly im sure after a while people will catch on to not dps down into the pit from the scoring ledge. Our charge has a 15 second cooldown so we can't just charge right back up unless we spec into the rage tree for a second 10m range charge (not that far). It's a decent strat if your by yourself trying to win huttball, but honestly, rolling with just 1 other friend who you can pass back and forth between is a much much better strat.

I don't know about you, but Dark Blood and Sweeping Fury look pretty good to me for a tank spec, even if you're happy skipping out on Crushing Blow...

No points in dark blood for me, 3 in sweeping fury also none in crushing blow.

Missing out on 4% elemental and internal damage reduction, and our hardest hitting ability for threat gen for 4 seconds of cc immunity once, maybe twice, a fight? Not a fan... now, if I was coming up with a build for pvp, I'd probably say screw the immortal tree and go a rage/vengence hybrid and unstoppable would be one of the first things I'd pick up.

Edit: Were also talking 50's here... if you don't have all our points to spread around, it could get pretty painful at lower levels.

Edited by Guaritorr

It's called the unstoppable talent in vengeance tree.

Wow, way to not read the thread at all. Fail.

Missing out on 4% elemental and internal damage reduction, and our hardest hitting ability for threat gen for 4 seconds of cc immunity once, maybe twice, a fight? Not a fan... now, if I was coming up with a build for pvp, I'd probably say screw the immortal tree and go a rage/vengence hybrid and unstoppable would be one of the first things I'd pick up.

Edit: Were also talking 50's here... if you don't have all our points to spread around, it could get pretty painful at lower levels.

Yeah, while 4% doesn't seem like much, when you add it to the rest of the tanking talents, it adds up fast. That's the idea of a tank, you know. To be able to tank a lot of damage. Thus the name.

Plus, hitting the nail on the head, pre-50 is where this is a real issue. All these quest/story mobs are all silver, and almost all of them have stuns.

I think the easiest solution is to make it so the mobs don't CC the person highest on threat unless specifically scripted to do so (bosses).

The CC in PVP is a separate beast entirely.

This is actually a pretty good idea.

Edited by Warlocc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.