Whats the best server to play on?

STL-Phantom

am downloading the game now and i dont know what server to play on? what has the most people who arnt antisocial or complete a**holes

you're going to have those types of people on any given server. it's just a fact of MMO life. you take the good with the bad, and try to maximize your enjoyment of the game via like minded people.

SWTOR/BW is a bit different than other MMOs though, in that there's no server forums, so i'm honestly not sure how you're suppose to start selecting a server, much less a guild - aside from sheer luck.

my suggestion would be to first start with the time zone (west or east), then pick whether you want to RP or not, and then PvP or PvE server.

after you have selected those, I would direct you to this thread from BioWare

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=60893

those are primarily launch day servers that saw very high queue times. Speaking from experience though, The Harbinger no longer sees queue longer than 10 minutes even at absolute prime time. I tend to prefer high pop servers as opposed to the opposite, since the economy seems to be more stable.

other than that, the only additional suggestion I can offer, is to describe what kind of player you are, your playing times (how much you play, and the times you play at), what you like to do in game..

and hope that someone happens across your thread and can help you out.