[BUG] Chain Shoc not proccing correctly?

DarthCnox

All,

I don't have any combat logs to back this up, but at lvl 3 Chain Shock, it says that shock has a 45% to deliver another shock at 50% damage.

In my experience, this effect is far far below this, more like 15%. Has anyone else had this same experience? Is there a way to get a combat log out of the game? Before making a official bug report, I wanted to get feedback from the Assassins on it.

So, can you guys do a test (if you have this ability) to see your proc rate.

Also, it's very interesting but at lvl 2, i actually saw more proccing. So I suspect that maybe it's a data issue where the lvl 3 is not set correctly.

Ok, so I did this test in PvE. I stopped at 15 sucesses. And I had 32 failures.

That works out to a % of 32%. This pretty much falls in line to what I was experiencing without really counting: I'd get 1 good proc for ever 2 bad ones I casted.

I don't think this is right, but without logs, I can't get hard evidence. Is anyone else experiencing this? It just seems that the 45% level of this talent is not working as intended.

Anyone else manage to try this out? Again, the issue seems to be that the tier 3 of chain shock gives you a 45% chance, but the actual rate of second attack is far below this. I know it is annoying to do many fights with only using shock, but this is kinda a serious issue if it is true that the proc rate is incorrectly set.

(for ppl who get confused bout its dmg)

its 50% of the shock`s dmg not of what dmg first shock does

if shock is 500 max dmg it will deal 250 even if u crit for 1k with first one

with the 45% chance it procs often for me and i find it usefull (darkness here)

Edited by Batslav

I procs really often, It feels more like 75% of the shocks I do are double shocks.

I terms of damage I'm not quite sure if the second one scales of the first proc if it gets it's own damage roll at 50%. It feels more like it scales of the first, since when I do a crit on the first the damage on the second is way higher than a non-crit second shock.

Edited by Neska

I don't think he is looking for gut feelings or "it feels like".

Try to do some actual testing so we can figure out if its a bug or not.

There is too much room for variance with only 50 tests or so.

It would take 10 minutes to test 100 times, but I see nothing to prove that the proc rate is actually lower than what it says.

Edited by theonepanda

Even when you try it your result can vary unless you use a very large sample size (more than the suggested 100 more like 10000+). Without the proper means you can only report what you see and that might still not be what others see as it is based on chance. The game mechanics roll on every strike and you can have really bad luck a lot of times. That's why you need a sufficiently sized sample size.

I don't think he is looking for gut feelings or "it feels like".

Try to do some actual testing so we can figure out if its a bug or not.

There is too much room for variance with only 50 tests or so.

It would take 10 minutes to test 100 times, but I see nothing to prove that the proc rate is actually lower than what it says.

Yes, this is what I'm looking for. I did ~50 attacks and got my numbers, and I seriously wish I could 'feel' like it works 75% of the time, but my nubmers show it low. I would love to turn on a combat log for the night and then do a parse later to see the actual numbers, but for now, I can't do it.

But maybe if each reader with the talent..if you just did it 10 times, and gave us your results, then we could aggregate each person's 10 attempts into the 100 or 1000 casts that we need to draw anything difinitive.

Think we can do that?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.