Bioware dev's picked Empire

Richard__Rahl

Either that or they have the worst internal testing every.

1. Ability activations/animations favor Empire heavily. While there are a couple animations that favor Republic, but 90% of the differences that can be accounted for in animation are heavily favored toward the empire counterpart.

- While this is not a big deal in PvE other than being annoying, it gives a noticeable advantage to the Empire in PvP.

2. Armor and looks are much cooler in Empire. Alot of that comes from the nature of the alignment of the classes, but its seems to me that Bioware focused on the Sith side more because it had more potential to be "Cool" and just left the Republic with just enough. For example Smugglers and Troopers could look just as "Cool" Empire characters (I understand the Jedi getting pigeon holed into a specific look because of the historic value).

-Troopers especially could be made to look much cooler, they are a heavy armor's character and in just about every game the Heavy armor'd easily look cool because all you have to do is make the armor flashy.

3. Despite the fact that the population was clearly going to be weighted towards the Sith because of the known "Cool kid mentality" and the overly benevolent storyline that Jedi's have to play through, Bioware still put in more time and effort to make the Empire the more appealing side.

I briefly tried a couple empire classes to 12 or so. One thing that stuck out for me was Sith Inq/Jedi Sage ability. Sith Inq was an instant lighting attack, and the sage equivalent had 1 sec or more casting animation. I liked the SI version quite a bit more, but I still stayed Republic.