The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Am I the only one who doesn't want level 50 brackets?

Freeborne

I hate non-bracketed pvp. I dont' care that they get bonus stats, they still get destroyed combat wise by geared 50s, and lack almost all utility because they don't have all their skills yet. I'm tired of losing to teams of 5-7 50s on my team of 9 -30s.

You want to keep the current way, give us both options. People like me who want bracketed can wait and have our more balanced pvp, people like you who want to player with lower level players but not make a new character can que up for free for all.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a HUGE POINT. A HUGE POINT AND HONESTLY A HUGE THING THAT I ENJOY ABOUT THE GAME. THIS IS THE ONLY GAME WHERE A LEVEL 50 AND HIS NEW PLAYING FRIEND CAN ACTUALLY PVP TOGETHER, U DONT HAVE TO BE THE SAME LEVEl, ALthough You are not as strong IT IS STILL AWESOME TO PVP WITH YOUR FRIENDS WHO MAYBE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME AS YOU. I think maybe an alter to lower levels stats could be increased or something because honestly I do like the idea of playing with lower levels I have a lot of friends that are not even 50 who I like to play with.

Ouch, the caps, they hurt.

However the problem with the altering stats thing is, they already do it.

What they are complaining about isn't stats, it is all those abilities you get as you level and all those abilities higher level gear gives you.... hell you don't even /see/ alacrity bonused gear until something like level 35.

However as my previous post stated, I think it ends up being less about abilities and gear and more about being owned by someone who has spent the last month putting 8+ hours a day into huttball and knowing all the tricks making it unfun for people to even get into PvP. Hence my suggestion on a valor based tier.

Ouch, the caps, they hurt.

However as my previous post stated, ******I think it ends up being less about abilities and gear and more about being owned by someone who has spent the last month putting 8+ hours a day into huttball and knowing all the tricks making it unfun for people to even get into PvP.***** Hence my suggestion on a valor based tier.

I do not understand, isnt this the point of the game the person who plays longer is going to be stronger? The person who knows more and has more will probably win... Taking this away is basically punishing people for playing their game. MMORPGS were built on putting 8 hours a day in if someone is spending their life in a game they should be able to kill someone who plays once a day.

To be honest, cutting it at 50 seems a bit odd to me.

When I first logged in and saw valor levels, I immediately thought, hey they must be grouping people based on their skill in PvP.

I think if you just had a top tier bracket that queued separately then it would all take care of itself.

That is a brilliant idea.

If they queued people based on their Valor level, that would set the premade min/maxers up to be facing one another as they'd be in the higher valor levels. It would set the new PvPers up to face one another. And it would set the pre-PvP gear players up to face off against other pre-PvP players, since you'll likely get a decent valor level by the time you have a PvP bag set.

I like it.

I do not understand, isnt this the point of the game the person who plays longer is going to be stronger? The person who knows more and has more will probably win... Taking this away is basically punishing people for playing their game. MMORPGS were built on putting 8 hours a day in if someone is spending their life in a game they should be able to kill someone who plays once a day.

I think if you observe the design concepts behind this game, they are going for something that is fun for casual gamers as well.

Keep in mind the point of the game MMORPG or not is to have fun.

Sure the guy putting 8+hours a day into the game pwning every level 1 that comes along is having fun, but what about that level 1?

Its not a question of whether he is going to win or not, its whether there is enough of a chance for the other player to /learn/ and get better.

Right now there are people who can litterally before a new player can target them kill them. Basically CC, blam, blam dead. Yea that is a challenge to higher skilled players, but it is a deathnell for a new player... imagine if you got in a game and there was no way you could play it because within a minute of logging in, the server would kick you back out... that is how it feels to a new PvPer when they come up against some of these top tier people.

The best way would be to make a level 50 bracket where everything is normal and it's only vs other level 50 players.

..But still allow them to join everyone else, except with no working expertise and even further reduced healing.

I enjoy the posters saying that the lowbies are useless. I've been top Protect in every Warzone I've run, save one, and that was with a premade of 50's, where their tank Guarded the Ball carrier every time, I Guarded the Healer.

I also understand how to hold a node, keep people off a door - which by the way 60%+ of players seem to think that a door by itself is somehow protected from stealthies or a zerg rush of the rez'ing opposition.

In addition, I've seen a LARGE number of 50's in their full PvP gear who keyboard turn, don't pay attention, and depend on being level 50 to kill their opposition. It's entertaining watching a 50 get frustrated because you keep getting behind them and that get 1 hit to your 3, what do you think will happen when these "lowbies" hit 50?

You're far more enamored with yourselves than lowbies are of ourselves. Soon everyone will be 50 (as a main) and then we'll separate the men from the boys. 50's deserve to have a fair challenge, so I support the level 50 bracket for that reason only. They will also have to accept the longer ques, driven not by BioWare (which you will all forget and cry about), but by the population of 50's on your server - player driven.... just like World PvP is.... player driven.

It isn't the 50's that I hate playing with. It's the 50's in Champion gear that make them far superior to my "bolster," that I hate playing with.

1. There are 2 times more Empire players than Republic, and therefore 2 times more Champion Geared Empire players than Republic.

2. 2 to 1 odds would be fine with me if I even had a chance. But as a level 38, with the best gear I can get, there really is no chance in hell I could take down a 50 in Champ. Gear. I don't care how much they suck and how good I am.

It may or may not be "too soon." I think Bioware is just as concerned about the 70% of the population under level 50, as they are with the other 30% that are level 50 (I'm just guestimating here so don't quote me on that." Just because a 50 has spend double his time in this game, does not mean they will last longer. In fact, I bet most of the players who shot up to 50 really fast won't be around in a year, whereas someone who takes their time and enjoys that game as the content is released will most likely last a lot longer. I'm not dissing those who are 50, I'm just pointing out that the more time you spend in a game, the faster you will get bored of that game.

If they bracket, they should do so based on Valor, as many have stated before. Although I hate going up against level 50 champion geared players, I would hate to be a level 50 with no champ gear, going up against other level 50's in champion gear. At least with basing it on Valor, you can assume that those with a lower valor, have gotten less bags and therefor have less champ. gear.