I've been playing for a couple weeks, and I'm only level 16...

Galbatorrix

Im quite the opposite of most of you. Usually im a major altoholic but since this game is story based I just I kind of want to see it through to the end. Thats not to say I havent made alts and leveled them but usually I keep 2-3 within the same level range of each other, playing the rested XP as much as possible with a ton of others at the lower range.

Now I have a Shadow at 47 (main) with 3 other alts im actually using. Only one of them being over 20 is my Vanguard at 24. I do have a Sniper at 17 but im also finding not liking the Imps very much anymore.

For all the games failings and shortcomings ... its definitely hit the nail with this one. Maybe with the story completed (and the broken end game) Ill have more initiative to play the alts, lol.

I have created 8 chacters, run the up to 15 (got the ships) and then either deleted them or put them on the shelf. I am really have fun, but getting nowhere towards the high level end game content. Oh well, I am still having a blast.

I've been playing since the first day of Early Access and I am an altaholic too.

50 Imperial Agent Sniper

23 Jedi Sentinel

17 Bounty Hunter Mercenary

10 Jedi Sage

6 Sith Inquisitor (going Sorcerer)

6 Sith Warrior (Probably going Juggernaut)

Yes I have alts, and I love them all lol. The stories are all amazing.

Just a tip. Finish Act 1 with your main before playing your alts so that you can earn legacy exp with your alts. Granted, nothing to do with it yet, but it couldn't hurt. :)

I have heard several references to "Act 1, Act 2" etc.. I have reached lvl 16 or 17 with several toons, how do you know when you reached "Act 2?

Add them up and you would be nearing your 2nd 50.

People like you are too hard core!!

No sticking with one char till 50 is hardcore. These people simply can't take the grind - they get to about level 20 and it starts to slow down, so they start an alt because they level fast, rewards are fast and furious and the story is pretty cool.

I have been playing since early access and am about 50 now with a 18 alt.

You can hit level 20 in about 2 days. 50 takes MUCH more than that.