Does Marauder ever slow down?

ChampionChains

Before I post anything else, I'm only level 22. I know that gameplay will vary greatly after level 30 or so. Or I hope so anyway.

I've currently got a lvl 35 Juggernaut and I wanted a Marauder to both play alongside my brother and also to experience the light side Sith Warrior story.

So I rolled a Marauder who was Carnage until about level 20 at which point I respecced Annihilation due to reading that it was the optimal levelling spec with the bleed heals.

My problem is that I kill things so quickly that my bleeds have very little time to tick. So for every fight, I'm generally getting no more than 200 or so healing. That's if I get any at all. And yes, I'm stacking crit with all my mods.

My fights generally go like this (we'll say it's a group with 3 mobs, one silver, 2 normal): target normal mob>Charge>Deadly Saber in air>Blade Flurry(or whatever the big rage builder is called)>Switch to Strong mob and Rupture>(by this point, first normal mob is dead)Target last normal mob>Vicious Strike(or rage builder, depending)>mob dies>Rage Builders on strong mob and by this point it's basically finished.

I've been using Vette and keeping her in decent gear, so she mows down mobs like an '89 Compton drive-by. I feel like I spend almost all of my time making sure Cloak of Pain, Deadly Saber, Berserk and Blade ware are up and popping rage builders. I'm thinking of using Quinn just so Vette doesn't go Hiroshima on every group I engage.

Maybe part of my problem is being so used to playing Juggernaut (Immortal spec with Quinn) so my fights are a lot slower and I have time to be more tactical and really utilize all my abilities and use interrupts and whatnot.

Basically I just want to know if Marauder/Annihilation ever slows down and becomes more about Dots and less about keeping up so many buffs.

I found as I got higher levels things get more time to tick bleeds. Marauder also appears to be very gear dependant, so I seem to spend more of my commendations on armouring/.enhancement/mod/hilt upgrades to keep myself ahead of the game. when those slip behind I start to notice the difference.

By the same token the damage output is immense if you're even only slightly ahead of the levels for the area. So that can be a factor too, I'm 32 and still only halfway through Alderaan.

Theres also the boss side of things. Those bleeds really matter versus the boss/story fights

Edited by DarkenWulf

I dumped the Bleed tree at around level 35, switched to the Ataru form. Made things much simpler to play, much less stress. Didn't feel underpowered at all.

Though I am wondering what the point of Vicious Slash is once you've maxed out that skill tree. It's pretty redundant I think.

Maybe I'll just switch back to Carnage for a while and see how that goes. Sure I'll have to use Quinn, but I really don't mind him at all. He and my Jugg have quite the blossoming bromance.

Also, my brother and I noticed that my DoT heals were also affecting him the last time we ran Hammer station. Is this normal? My DoT crit heals affect everyone in my party? Or is this a bug? Nothing in the tooltip lead me to believe they healed anyone other than myself.

Personal experience:

- Was carnage until 40, when i entered Hoth with my Vette and died to a Strong and a normal mob....i was like: "*** ?"

Round 2...

- Annihilation plus Quinn = Cleaning Elites 2 and 3 levels higher than me, getting to about 70% = profit.

So...no, Annihilation is all the way, imo.

anni is nice for strong/elites; try rage spec or use smash with vette's aoe ability = instant death !

i level as rage from 25ish to 50, finished my class quest solo at 48, tho i had to use quinn at the end, its gets a bit tougher tho fully manageble of you use the right rotations; rarly had to blow defensive cds unless i screwed up my rotations and mobs didnt die fast enough.

but in general, you can use vette until you get jaesa, then at about 40ish sqitch to quinn, keep your comp's geared and you wont have a hard time getting mobs down.

THIS is at least my experience, try to adapt your gameplay to what you feel comfertable with; in all there is no "correct" way to do things imo.

Maybe I'll just switch back to Carnage for a while and see how that goes. Sure I'll have to use Quinn, but I really don't mind him at all. He and my Jugg have quite the blossoming bromance.

Also, my brother and I noticed that my DoT heals were also affecting him the last time we ran Hammer station. Is this normal? My DoT crit heals affect everyone in my party? Or is this a bug? Nothing in the tooltip lead me to believe they healed anyone other than myself.

For the heal ticks, it's only when you use berzerk (I wondered today too about this). As for the fights, I'm anni too and thought I'm sooo OP until I got to Hoth/Belsavis, but now it is far more difficult and I think that without Quinn and the heal ticks I'd by by every too packs. On the other hand, I'm in the top 3 DPS on every WZ I play.

For the heal ticks, it's only when you use berzerk (I wondered today too about this). As for the fights, I'm anni too and thought I'm sooo OP until I got to Hoth/Belsavis, but now it is far more difficult and I think that without Quinn and the heal ticks I'd by by every too packs. On the other hand, I'm in the top 3 DPS on every WZ I play.

Correction: Tier 2 Talent "Hungering" heals for 1/2% when ever you crit with bleeds, Berserk increases the critical chance of your bleed attacks by 100% and causes bleed damage to heal your party for 1% of max health each tick.

Correction: Tier 2 Talent "Hungering" heals for 1/2% when ever you crit with bleeds, Berserk increases the critical chance of your bleed attacks by 100% and causes bleed damage to heal your party for 1% of max health each tick.

That's what I meant, the heal ticks for the whole party only occur during berzerk. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for pointing that out =)

And yes, it's normal.

Whenever you use Berserk in Juyo-Form, you increases the critical chance of your bleed attacks by 100% and causes bleed damage to heal your party for 1% of max health each tick.