Nerfs !!!!

Qlimitus

I noticed all the whiners kicking off about OP classes.Here's how i see it... " You don't know how to play your own class " lol.I see nerf sorc,bh,trooper,op blahblah so basically everyone is saying " nerf someone elses class because they aren't as powerful as them " Learn more about your class,mods,skills and keep trying.If someone is using bio buffs in PVP that's lame BUT.... i honestly don't care lol ive never had a problem killing people with buffs because when ive killed them,it makes me feel superior muahahaha

No class is OP,because every class has an advantage over another class which is why the term " team play " is used.You're only whining because you can't get top in the kills list lol.

i play a commando and use maybe 3 skills to pvp.. the rest are useless

this game doesnt take "skill"

Meanwhile, I play a Vengeance Juggernaut.

Hurr my class is underpowered. I have three full bars of abilities bound and all of them are used fairly regularly. Sure, I've got to work harder than most classes do. But the Republic players on my realm hate me. I get focused every single time, and get leading score in my battlegrounds. Always. Sure, it's not a super competitive realm, but still, my point stands. I'm a "gimped class and spec" and I can still compete.

Though I agree, I think a lot of it is down to bugs and skill delays. Though, I think some need tweaking a little I think once the game is less buggy will be much better. ATM the skill delays in WZ is painful.

That being said, some classes (commando/merc) need to be made more complicated. Some classes are much harder to play than others. This could be fixed with higher diminishing returns on ammo (or w/e it's called for BH's etc).

Edited by iFoo

For every so called over powered class there is a defense, or another class to counter it. I think players are extrapolating a defeat by a well buffed lvl 50 player into a defeat by a specific class. Once the brackets come into being this whole nerf class thing will be diminished.

If everyone is yelling for NERFs on every other class than theirs, it means the game is balanced.

Great point. So far ive been reading through a bunch of these "nerf X" and "X ruins pvp" or the typical "X is overpowered" threads. Partly for giggles, as its somewhat funny to see how riled up people get.

But for the most part to get an idea of what is really unbalanced. As amidst the trolling and childish QQ there are a few gems of true information and insight. So i believe Consumables are infact a very unbalancing factor, especially in the hands of certain classes.

But going through these threads long enough, sooner or later EVERYONE is called overpowered. "JK 3shotted meh!""Yah, well, i got TWO shotted by a bounty hunter!""Thats nothing, this Operative 1shotted me!""Childsplay, this one time a Sorc. blinked at my general direction and my entire team dropped dead".

And best of all, these claims are often very true. As someone, somewhere stacked enough consumables on <insert any class> and blew enough cooldowns to make a little video demonstrating him/her soloing 5 people and critting for well over 6k. Which leads me back to my original point, i believe consumables are overpowered. Those with them can deal completely overpowered damage.

Overpowered in the sense that the damage dealt does not match the vision of what pvp is suppose to be. So i think Bioware would do well to slip their nerfhammer through the ranks of various consumables. And not letting people stack cooldowns+relics+consumables+warzone buffs for damage that can and will blow someone up in seconds.

This seems particularly overpowered in the hands of stealth classes, because they set this up in hiding and then pop up out of nowhere and land a lovely stun on you. But really, anyone could do it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.