Suggestion -- Add returns to vendors, or at least confirmation

dizzyMongoose

So I'm wondering, since vendors have a buyback tab, why don't they also allow for returns? The reason I suggest this is through the personal aggravating experience of hitting the wrong mouse button while browsing some wares and realizing I just bought some 8,000 credit boots instead of just looking at them; apparently you can't try before buying to see if they look good. I figure anything you buy from a vendor that isn't bound to a player could be given back for a full refund, or at least while you still have the vendor window open.

That or go with the not-as-slick but standard confirmation dialog, along with a quantity slider so you don't need to hit OK for that crafting material 20 times in a row. But at least something. As someone who works with UI on a daily basis, I'm sorta horrified at the number of ways you can screw yourself without a confirmation of destruction method in SWTOR. Even this pales to the lack of a confirmation when choosing an advanced class. Money you can make back; the advanced class is a one-time deal.

Edited by dizzyMongoose

Worst idea ever.

Too many people would take advantage of this and the sellers would be screwed.

If you are that worried about it contact the seller and ask them about a refund .. at the very least a partial refund.

Note I said vendor, as in the NPC stores, if that wasn't clear. Though a confirmation dialog would certainly help the Galactic Trade Network, too, though since I haven't bought anything from that yet, I don't know if there is one or not. For the vendors, since they have a Buyback system for things you sell them, I figured the refund would make sense for the things they sell you. But really that's just a matter of convenience design. The main gist is, asking "Are you sure?" in some form is a good idea when buying items.

As another example, it'd be nice to have a "preview" functionality with mailbox message composition, particularly with messages involving items and credits. Whether you selected "Send credits" or "COD" makes a huuuuuge difference.

Edited by dizzyMongoose

A big AOL-style "me too" to this suggestion.

Though a confirmation dialog would certainly help the Galactic Trade Network

In the GTN the "buy" button is a different button from the item itself. This means that unlike a vendor, using the dressing room has no chance to accidentally buy the item.