The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Leveling Spec that's viable for Tanking and PvP

Phadde

I had no clue where to spend my talent points once I had chosen Powertech. I want to be able to Tank, but I still want to do some serious damage. For the PvP part - Well I won't start with that until the 20's, where I'll stand back and blast people from a safe distance. I Guess that a specc that makes me a good tank, but still allows me to do some good damage when I'm on my own is the thingy for me.

Any help Please? =)

(I know you can't have it all - but you can be good (not the "best") at atleast 2 parts, right?)

I had no clue where to spend my talent points once I had chosen Powertech. I want to be able to Tank, but I still want to do some serious damage. For the PvP part - Well I won't start with that until the 20's, where I'll stand back and blast people from a safe distance. I Guess that a specc that makes me a good tank, but still allows me to do some good damage when I'm on my own is the thingy for me.

Any help Please? =)

(I know you can't have it all - but you can be good (not the "best") at atleast 2 parts, right?)

Only tank spec that allows you to do decent to good damage is the Carolina Parakeet. But the spec is not optimal or even usable til level 48. I guess you'll have to stick with the typical shield tech build for leveling.

Only tank spec that allows you to do decent to good damage is the Carolina Parakeet. But the spec is not optimal or even usable til level 48. I guess you'll have to stick with the typical shield tech build for leveling.

I guess so. Thanks anyways, I've found a recommended ST specc

All of our talents are pretty lame until the 20s, in that span Pyro and ST both pick up considerably (Thanks to Prototype Particle Accelerator in Pyro and Flame Shield in ST).

ST, in my opinion, is the best leveling and PvP spec from 26 - 40. Your Rocket Punch cools down faster and is almost guaranteed to crit, you will have great Venting, good mitigation, and awesome mobility. Pyro is also good in this level range, but I feel ST outshines it until 40ish when the HP of mobs shoots up.

As mentioned, Pyro is a really solid dps spec from mid 20s to 50. Adv Proto comes into its own at 40. After 40 both dps specs will kill faster than ST, which chugs along slow and steady; boring but sturdy and reliable.

That'll get you to 50, then you can look in to whatever you want.