Shield? Non-Interruptable my ***

JohnOsey

Title^^^ Sick of reading shields ability and wondering why all my heals and attack all easily interrupted in shield and speced for Power Shield and Surgical Precision System that's 100% pushback immunity and interrupts but still can be launched across the map causing an interrupt. Edited by JohnOsey

Title^^^ Sick of reading shields ability and wondering why all my heals and attack all easily interrupted in shield and speced for Power Shield and Surgical Precision System that's 100% pushback immunity and interrupts but still can be launched across the map causing an interrupt.

It's not meant to stop other forms of interrupts such as knockbacks, stuns, etc. The skill works fine against standard interrupts such as Quell.

Thanks Bro for agreeing with me and further more explaining what attack are causing interrupts.

I don't expect 100% immunity but how else do you expect to survive a perma interrupt smuggler or a dual glow bat robed hippie before you can get back to group or they come to you????

Are you even a BH and what level and what spec if you really are. If not go troll elsewhere.

Thanks Bro for agreeing with me and further more explaining what attack are causing interrupts.

I don't expect 100% immunity but how else do you expect to survive a perma interrupt smuggler or a dual glow bat robed hippie before you can get back to group or they come to you????

Are you even a BH and what level and what spec if you really are. If not go troll elsewhere.

Read the first sticky at the top of ths page and come back and tell me who I am. Thank you.

he just answered your question and you call him a troll.

wat.

the talent only helps versus people hitting you with attacks and traditional interrupts. stuns, knock backs, pulls, grabs, etc. will still interrupt you because they're making you 'move'. stuns prevent your character from doing everything.

i have the talent and it does what it says on the tin. traditional interrupts don't effect me, but knock backs, stuns, etc. still work.

Edited by nvmvoidrays

And who are you again?

Shame on you, son. All he did was answer you, and quite politely I might add. I guess you raged because you didn't like the answer?

Working as intended.

You know what you inadvertently called me out with your tone that I had no clue as to what I was reading, as the ability clearly states immune to Interrupts and with 30% additional pushback prevention.

Call me what you want I actually know what the ability says. You can sticky as many post as you like I came here with a serious and legitimate problem and your calling me the bell end for it.

The ability should then read reduces the chances of interrupts. As a bh we can stun, CC, knockback, and knockdown that's 4 interrupting abilities that shields should prevent. And were on the low end of interrupts so do I still have no idea?

This should of been posted in the pvp section anyways I find I deal with a few to many carebears here.

You know what you inadvertently called me out with your tone that I had no clue as to what I was reading, as the ability clearly states immune to Interrupts and with 30% additional pushback prevention.

Call me what you want I actually know what the ability says. You can sticky as many post as you like I came here with a serious and legitimate problem and your calling me the bell end for it.

The ability should then read reduces the chances of interrupts. As a bh we can stun, CC, knockback, and knockdown that's 4 interrupting abilities that shields should prevent. And were on the low end of interrupts so do I still have no idea?

This should of been posted in the pvp section anyways I find I deal with a few to many carebears here.

I understand your frustration. You're bad at PvP and even worse at reading comprehension. A stun is not an interrupt the way it is known in SWTOR. A knockback is not an interrupt as it is known in SWTOR. If you want to argue with the devs about how a certain ability should be worded in the tooltip, submit a bug ticket. Coming here with your QQ, getting reasonable answers, then QQing more when it's not the answer you wanted to hear shows just how ignorant you are. I didn't answer with any "tone". You attacked me after giving you an answer others in this thread deemed proper.

Do us the favor and take your tears to the PvP forums and get ripped apart as you now rightly deserve. Better yet, choose another class to be bad at and cry in their forums instead of these.

Averaging 5 medals and 70k damage and 150k healing per match as a healer bad at pvp as a high level 30 in pug groups.

Clearly stating interrupts doesn't make you right and me wrong a interrupt is an interrupt plain and simple kind of like your guide on such a cookie cutter class.

Averaging 5 medals and 70k damage and 150k healing per match as a healer bad at pvp as a high level 30 in pug groups.

Clearly stating interrupts doesn't make you right and me wrong a interrupt is an interrupt plain and simple kind of like your guide on such a cookie cutter class.

Whoa, I didn't realize you were such a superstar. 5 medals a match? Impressive. Obviously you're a true pro on your server. Had I known how good you were, I certainly wouldn't have said anything to upset you. You, my friend, are a player people on these forums should look up to. Obviously you have a ton of experience playing a Merc and would know better than anyone else how a certain ability or skill should work. Now that I know how great you are, I agree that the skill should clearly be overpowered as to make you immune to CC that may stop you from performing certain actions. I say we start a petition and demand a fix from BioWare immediately.

Yep cause I stated that we should be OP nope I just wanted ppl to know that the skill doesn't give intended results. What coming in 1st or 2nd in healing as mid level makes me a superstar I will take the complement I do nothing but better the team sorry I can't throw out numbers like 8-10 medals 300k damage 50k protection and 300k healing like some full gear level 50 that s taken 3 weeks off work or unemployed. I am just a normal person with a grievance. But whatever thanks for being a fan!

Title^^^ Sick of reading shields ability and wondering why all my heals and attack all easily interrupted in shield and speced for Power Shield and Surgical Precision System that's 100% pushback immunity and interrupts but still can be launched across the map causing an interrupt.

Being immune to an interrupt (noun) is not the same as having immunity to being interrupted (verb).

Sounds like you want shields to make you immune to CC as a whole. Sorry, that would be OP.

Sheilds could easily be made immune to all interrupts if it only affects healing interrupts. Your saying ppl would exploit it for capping turrets and arming doors. That's not what I intended it for nor was disgruntled about. I am appalled by being stealthed stunned and then perma interrupted by other classes is 15 second of uninterrupted healing every 3min so OP have you seen sorc sheild I mean come on level with me. Statue healing is fine I guess just not balanced as other healers.

So, you want a 2 minute Energy Shield that, talented, reduces all incoming damage by 25%, increases all healing by 20% and makes you completely immune to all CC in the game while active.

Good luck with that, bro.

By the way:

Power Shield

Energy Shield now further decreases ability activation pushback by 30% and makes you immune to interrupts.

An interrupt is a type of ability in this game, such as Quell (as Werdan said before you needlessly started to insult him). What you are trying to get it to be is:

Energy Shield now further decreases ability activation pushback by 30% and makes you immune to being interrupted.

There is a difference.

Whoa, I didn't realize you were such a superstar. 5 medals a match? Impressive. Obviously you're a true pro on your server. Had I known how good you were, I certainly wouldn't have said anything to upset you. You, my friend, are a player people on these forums should look up to. Obviously you have a ton of experience playing a Merc and would know better than anyone else how a certain ability or skill should work. Now that I know how great you are, I agree that the skill should clearly be overpowered as to make you immune to CC that may stop you from performing certain actions. I say we start a petition and demand a fix from BioWare immediately.

Wow, Werdan I feel your pain.....try to help out like you do in almost every post and get slammed.......if I get 5 medals a match I feel like I did poorly.

I see a lot of these "we suck" posts and honestly I understand the concept of glass cannon (I'm full arsenal) and I know running into the masses trying to kill someone = dead Calithon. Werdan posted a long time ago in his "ask a merc" thread that you need to play to the classes strengths alas some just are never happy unless they have the OP FoTM class.

I like a class that is a challenge it keeps all the e-peen f*cktards away from the class and allows the ones who truely love the class for what it is to enjoy it.

BTW, Thanks Werdan for all your help in that ask a merc thread, I learned a lot of great material from that thread. :cool:

Wow, Werdan I feel your pain.....try to help out like you do in almost every post and get slammed.......if I get 5 medals a match I feel like I did poorly.

I see a lot of these "we suck" posts and honestly I understand the concept of glass cannon (I'm full arsenal) and I know running into the masses trying to kill someone = dead Calithon. Werdan posted a long time ago in his "ask a merc" thread that you need to play to the classes strengths alas some just are never happy unless they have the OP FoTM class.

I like a class that is a challenge it keeps all the e-peen f*cktards away from the class and allows the ones who truely love the class for what it is to enjoy it.

BTW, Thanks Werdan for all your help in that ask a merc thread, I learned a lot of great material from that thread. :cool:

/bow

You're welcome, and thank you and everyone else who read most/all of the current and original thread before launch. Hopefully more people learned a thing a two from it.

I'm done with THIS thread BTW. The OP isn't going to be happy until he gets god mode.

I understand your frustration. You're bad at PvP and even worse at reading comprehension. A stun is not an interrupt the way it is known in SWTOR. A knockback is not an interrupt as it is known in SWTOR. If you want to argue with the devs about how a certain ability should be worded in the tooltip, submit a bug ticket. Coming here with your QQ, getting reasonable answers, then QQing more when it's not the answer you wanted to hear shows just how ignorant you are. I didn't answer with any "tone". You attacked me after giving you an answer others in this thread deemed proper.

Do us the favor and take your tears to the PvP forums and get ripped apart as you now rightly deserve. Better yet, choose another class to be bad at and cry in their forums instead of these.

This. 100%.

Fluke

I think the OP is confusing Pushback with Knockback/down, which are two different effects.

The 100% pushback immunity does not pertain to being knockedback/down. The definition of pushback in this game and most games I have played is the effect that happens when someone is attacking you while you are casting an ability that is not an instant cast ability.

So, as an example. If you have a 2 second cast and someone is hitting you while you are casting that 2 second cast ability your ability becomes a 2.5 to 3.5 second cast due to the "pushback" effect.

Now with the bubble active you are immune to the pushback effect. Meaning no extra time can be added to your cast.

Knockback/down is when you are "swept of your feet and knocked back or down"

To be knockedback/down will interrupt you. However, it is not the spell that causes the interrupt it is the effect of the spell that interrupts you.

There are spells that are used for interrupting. These spells do not have any other effect other than just interrupting you. Those spells will be the ones that you will be immune to. You will not be immune to Fear/Stun/Mez/Charm/Knockback/knockdown type abilities.

I hope you understand this OP.

Now hold on there guys.

Maybe he is on to something.

Shield makes you immune to any interrupting actions. Would be awesome!

It could block interrupts, block knock downs, stuns, kb.

This could help avoide the dozen sorc hutt ball matches I have been landing in.

I vote we take it a step further however.

As stated above does not stop interrupt by death. Give it a scaling damage resist with %health left, up to 100% resist at 1% health. Death shall never again interrupt us.

But then te player could move and interrupt his own action... Shield must also root you in place.

Now I know what you are thinking, what if the player wants to interrupt their own action?

Shield now stun te player for the duration.

In all seriousness, I know nothing like this would ever be added, but having a personal shield that made you immobile and immune to damage an allowed you to deal no damage for a short time might be awesome.

/bow

You're welcome, and thank you and everyone else who read most/all of the current and original thread before launch. Hopefully more people learned a thing a two from it.

I'm done with THIS thread BTW. The OP isn't going to be happy until he gets god mode.

In this thread just to rate it.

Lol last night 3 pvp matches respeced arsenal first round 8 medals have never used arsenal and was leader in damage for my team, next round 10 medals and the screen shots to prove it, 3rd match stats bugged to zero for everyone.

But to have a tool dps BH tell me I'm bad I just prefer to play a healer takes more skill then a faceroll.

Bring more fans carebear!

Maybe as a place to get an answer, is this shield still useful to pick up either way? I seem to get knocked back, thrown around, eating dirt, etc a lot so it doesn't seem like a worthy pickup.

Then again, I suppose it serves as a good place to put that last lingering point. Argh.