May upgrade my PC to play this game, could use some help :)

MommaShorty

I've been experience major lag (or rather bad FPS) while playing this game to the point that I can't do group quests because everybody has to wait for me. If I click on an NPC for a conversation, it takes between 15 seconds to a minute to load. I'm currently on a HP laptop that I bought a little over 3 year ago that isn't meant for gaming and may invest in this desktop pc http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/2787099621.html

My only issue is: I get only 1.5 mbps with my internet and I was wondering if that may be the problem. I know that's slow but it's not UNBEARABLE and I do play games like Modern Warfare on my xbox 360 with minimal lag. Does anybody else have a low mbps but a computer that can run this game fine? Just want to know before I drop 2-300 dollars on a desktop pc only to find out that it will still run slow on my internet.

Thanks for any help!

What is your average latency & average FPS in-game?

Regarding the PC that you linked, the GPU & CPU are pretty much dated. You may not even see much on of an improvement in the FPS department, so i wouldn't by that PC just so you can play SWTOR.

If you have around $700 + you can build yourself a nice gaming PC.

Edited by SnakeBites

It's not your comp.

I run a 955 AMD 3.2 Quad Phenom 2 Black Edition with two XFX 6870 Black Editon vid cards and 16 gigs of PC 1600 ram with a 800 watt XFX Black Edition PSU and still have lag issues.

I can assure you with this set up I shouldn't be having lag or FPS issues and I am.

My first advice is that credit is your friend. In other words, don't scrimp on quality. Get a PC that will last you at least 5 years.

This.

It depends if you want to game on your PC alot. There really is no point in dumping $200-$300 on a PC. You might aswell save around $700+ so you can buy something better.

I've been experience major lag (or rather bad FPS) while playing this game to the point that I can't do group quests because everybody has to wait for me. If I click on an NPC for a conversation, it takes between 15 seconds to a minute to load. I'm currently on a HP laptop that I bought a little over 3 year ago that isn't meant for gaming and may invest in this desktop pc http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/sys/2787099621.html

My only issue is: I get only 1.5 mbps with my internet and I was wondering if that may be the problem. I know that's slow but it's not UNBEARABLE and I do play games like Modern Warfare on my xbox 360 with minimal lag. Does anybody else have a low mbps but a computer that can run this game fine? Just want to know before I drop 2-300 dollars on a desktop pc only to find out that it will still run slow on my internet.

Thanks for any help!

Your connection is fast enough. You might have longer loading times for zone changes but it should be fine to play. The real delay is likely your computer loading and unloading the conversation video which is hampered if you are currently running windows 7 due to an issue on their end.

If you are using windows 7, Try running the game in XP SP3 compatibility mode by right clicking on the icon, going to compatibility and selecting that. I went from about 30fps to about 110fps running the game in XP mode, i believe it has something to do with the GPU memory manager which is functional in XP mode but not in Win 7 mode, it can have a dramatic impact on your performance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.