Custom Archetypes

spencer_

Now let me explain. There is an MMO, many of you are familiar with it. The game is Champions Online, and in my opinion it isn't very good. But there is one thing I like about it. It allowed you to create a custom archetype, and choose powers from different classes to create your own.

This system allowed me to create a "Sith Class" and I was even able to make him look a lot like Revan with the character creation tools. I was bored with it by level 15 or so, but it was fun running around with my laser sword, electrocuting those fools who dared cross my path.

It was great fun, and would be an interesting option for the Legacy System. For each Legacy Level, you could be allowed to select an additional power from another class for your character. For instance, you could run a melee bounty hunter, or a smuggler with mild force sensitivity (say a scoundrel with force pull, who can bring enemies in close for a shotgun to the face).

Do I think it will happen? Probably not. It introduces a range of balance issues, but if there were enough of these characters, and they were confined to their own PvP, separate from normal, non-legacy players, I think it could work.

Now you gentlemen discuss this in a civil and polite manner.

Another problem would be pve requirements, if you wanted to excel in pve it would require specific cookie cutter skill builds and remove the actual choice all together. But yeah not likely to ever happen I don't think.