Combat Medic/Gunnery hybrid. Critique please?

Sirlis

I mainly play a Powertech BH, Pyrotech spec. I have been wanting to try out a healing Mercenary, but really do not want to go through the same story again, so I thought I would try out the Trooper.

This character will be on a PvP server and will focus mostly on Warzones and some world PvP at upper levels. I figured I get most of the healing abilities, while picking up some damage capability through Grav Round and defensive utility through Charged Barriers and Concussive Force.

Here's the build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#800bfRMRdcdzZMfkrR.1

I've played a hybrid like this at 50. I've probably spent 1/2 a million credits so far on respecs and I think it'd be smarter to go up the AS tree instead and pick up incendiary round.

The reason is that you're just not going to be doing that much damage by only going that far up the Gunnery tree. But with incendiary round, you can do what you're supposed to. Harass!

That 18 second dot will prevent cappers from hitting or capping anything while you are free to heal. I've won plenty of Warzones with this tactic.

Dot up the enemy, heal to stay alive until reinforcements arrive!

Edit: degauss is awesome too

Edited by Nagameng

Interesting ideas. I do love Incendiary Missile on my BH just for those reasons - I can normally hold down an objective with DoTs long enough for my team to respawn. I guess I just saw more defensive utility in Charged Barriers and Concussive Force. And sense you aren't going to run with Plasma Cell on, 2 of the talents in the second tier of AS are wasted points.

Also, I have Degauss on my BH and I find it kind of lackluster. From what I can tell it only removes snares. If I am being stunned or incapped the ability is still marked as unavailable.

You are right about the wasted 2nd tier talents, but I find the pros outweigh the cons with that 18 second DoT.

Good luck in your adventures!

/salute

Edit: the reason I love degauss is because of Huttball and getting past fire hazards.

Edited by Nagameng