PvP server - Questions from a n00b

Doumbek

Just a few questions from a new to SWTOR player. I play on Gardens of Talla and Shadowtown. Recently, I've noticed that I'll receive a message stating that I am no longer PvP enabled but have no idea what event triggered pvp.

• How can I tell I am PvP enabled?
  • How can I tell others from an opposing faction are PvP enabled?
  • What are the looting rules for PvP?

I've yet to have a PvP encounter, how do Jedi Shadows rate in PvP? That's a subjective question, I know. Just curious of the overall opinion. It won't stop me from playing the class.

Thanks in advance for positive feedback.

Just a few questions from a new to SWTOR player. I play on Gardens of Talla and Shadowtown. Recently, I've noticed that I'll receive a message stating that I am no longer PvP enabled but have no idea what event triggered pvp.

• How can I tell I am PvP enabled?you get a message you cant miss
  • How can I tell others from an opposing faction are PvP enabled?there name is red
  • What are the looting rules for PvP?as in player looting? none you cant

I've yet to have a PvP encounter, how do Jedi Shadows rate in PvP? That's a subjective question, I know. Just curious of the overall opinion. It won't stop me from playing the class.

red the red

• How can I tell I am PvP enabled?
  • How can I tell others from an opposing faction are PvP enabled?
  • What are the looting rules for PvP?

1. If you are on a pvp server, you are always pvp enabled, unless you are in your factions territory. You can tell you are pvp enabled if you look at your portrait in the lower left, it should have a symbol representing your pvp status. Mouse over it to confirm.

2. If its a pvp server, others are always flagged as well, so if you can see a member of an opposing faction, you should be able to engage them.

3. Sadly, there are currently no looting rules for PvP. you can loot nothing and receive no rewards such as valor or xp or commendations for your open world PvP kills. This will hopefully change in the future, as of now open world PvP is a credit sink due to gear repair charges.

Warzones, however, provide some rewards in both xp, commendations, and credits.