September Pre Orders Get In Here!

iAutomatik

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Septembre 7th here.

Well, actually I pre-ordered on the 21st, but Origin support totally screwed up my account and it took 6 weeks of constant back and forth before Bioware support could finally fix my account, and I ended up on Septembre 7th as a registered code.

Which is the funny thing: I read all those raging posts from people who obviously should know better, demanding instant access.

Meanwhile I should have been in yesterday (my wife was, in fact, and I pre-ordered the same day), but I don't throw a tantrum. One day more or less won't make any real difference in the long run. :)

Itkovian

Hey guys, would you mind clarifying something for me? My account dates my pre-order at 9.28.11, but my Early Game Access (ready to patch) at 11.02.11, right around when I signed up for testing. Do you believe they'll take my pre-order date as when to invite me, or the later November number? Later would be a bummer, but oh well.

It goes by your pre-order date/code redemption

September 27 here.

Question: When you guys click on "My Account" at the top of the site there, the "Get ready to play!" thing pops up... Does it still ask you to redeem a code there, too? Mine does, though in the Code History it clearly shows that I redeemed a CE code on 9/27/11. Seems messy, that the website would recognize its own cached data, and I'm nervous about getting my invite.

Halp?

P.S. (I know the launcher says it for everyone, just not sure about the site)

Information on pre-order statistics is available online at VGstats. While those don't include the online pre-orders (so far as I know), they do provide a pretty good indicator of the overall pattern in pre-orders.

Based upon that, Wave 1 today is already TWICE the size of any of the waves yesterday.

Assuming they can keep pace with that, that's a very good sign for September pre-orders. Based upon yesterday's pace, we would expect to get in on Thursday, but DOUBLING the rate at which they're letting people in means we have at least a chance of getting in later today.

Think of it this way:

September 1st: There are ~120,000 people ahead of you in line.

September 30th: There are ~240,000 people ahead of you in line.

Day 1 invites were roughly 50,000 per wave. First wave of Day 2 had roughly 100,000.

Make of that what you will.

whats the link for VGstats? i can't seem to locate it. thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serens

@RockjawStephen Reid

I will say - as I mentioned yesterday - that today the 'timeline' of people who get in will be much, much longer. Beyond July...

A shred of hope?

Don't get your hopes up, I'd say. "much, much longer" is very subjective, and can basically mean anywhere from 2 days to 2 months.

Besides, it's nice being surprised.

- Elim

LOL much much longer could mean anything from, invites to Augest 20. We have no numbers to go by or information other then what people tell us in the forums.

Just stating that this bigger wave can just be about anything. There is no acutal spacific information given.

Well I paid for my pre-order in Sept. Sadly though I used Best Buy for my pre-order. It took until Oct to get my code then the code they sent me was borked and said it was already in use. After numerous calls to best buy cs in which I was told it was a problem with the distributor and that I needed to wait till next week. In December I called again after calling every Monday from Oct 3 on. I told them that I would be reporting them to my credit card company for fraud and they escalated my call. On Dec 7th best buy gave me a working code over the phone.

So from Sept 23 to Dec 7th I was told this was a problem that was on EA/BW's end then all of a sudden in Dec they can just give a code over the phone? So now I'll have to wait for early game time as though I ordered in Dec.

I will not pre order another game from Best Buy, and I will never pre order another game by Bioware or EA. I have been playing Bioware games since Baldur's Gate 1. I might buy Dragon Age 3 from a bargain bin.

GameStop is up to the same kind of tricks. I preordered and they told me they were out of prerelease codes.

I went home and saw online that origin and Best Buy still had them so the next day I went back to get a refund so I could buy a copy with a preorder code. The very same guy that told me they were out started apologizing and saying it was his fault and that he should have made sure I had that code when I bought the game.

So freaking shadey.

September 27 here.

Question: When you guys click on "My Account" at the top of the site there, the "Get ready to play!" thing pops up... Does it still ask you to redeem a code there, too? Mine does, though in the Code History it clearly shows that I redeemed a CE code on 9/27/11. Seems messy, that the website would recognize its own cached data, and I'm nervous about getting my invite.

Halp?

the next code u get in the 3rd step is the code for the early launch that u get in the email they sending out in the waves

Information on pre-order statistics is available online at VGstats. While those don't include the online pre-orders (so far as I know), they do provide a pretty good indicator of the overall pattern in pre-orders.

Based upon that, Wave 1 today is already TWICE the size of any of the waves yesterday.

Assuming they can keep pace with that, that's a very good sign for September pre-orders. Based upon yesterday's pace, we would expect to get in on Thursday, but DOUBLING the rate at which they're letting people in means we have at least a chance of getting in later today.

Think of it this way:

September 1st: There are ~120,000 people ahead of you in line.

September 30th: There are ~240,000 people ahead of you in line.

Day 1 invites were roughly 50,000 per wave. First wave of Day 2 had roughly 100,000.

Make of that what you will.

By this reckoning all September would be in by the 4th wave.

I can't see this personally. Whats the source that wave 1 was 100,000 people?

September 27 here.

Halp?

i assume you mean the 3rd box down? titled redeem a product registration code. If so mine isn't ticked here either but i've asked a few friends and theres is the same.

My friend also tried to re add his and it said dnt worry about it , its alright done :)