What do you think is going on over at the Bioware offices?

Zolaz

I imagine there will be a meeting or two. Maybe some discussion about what is being said on the forums. Some self congradulating over the best live chat with Best Buy and the most successful launch in MMO history. Then an early lunch and an even earlier quitting time. They did work all the way to 1:30 yesterday. Bioware doesnt want to be known as rough taskmasters.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably discussing how to implement EGA/Pre order and the Release of the game because lets face it they couldnt of actually talked about this system to each other...

Not QQing about EGA i could get in on the 20th and still be happy but lets face it the system idea is good but the way it was implemented is just dire...

Either that or pancakes, didnt want to seem like this post was part of the thousands of others whining about nothing

Possibly making Generals 2 (Yeah its the same studio i dont care what u tell me :()

Edited by Lepre

They hack into our accounts and look at you sitting at your computer through there webcams and laugh while you keep f5ing your email. They also wear christmas santa hats, eat cake and quaff grog while belching and breaking wind.

I know ive seen it!

they sitting there and not give a single **** about all this

they will continue with their slow *** Wave system

thats what i expect from them, after this massive fail

Maybe nursing the odd hangover after having congratulated themselves on such a wonderful successful launch of EGA

Edited by Xerda

You honestly believe that poeple go home as soon as they stopped sending emails? If so then that really is quite niave. If anything it was then that a lot of the work would begin. Even if you are right and the whole of Bioware is only in the office when they send out emails to let poeple in, consider what time they would have had to be in to send the first one.

The community manager worked 4:30am till 8:51 pm according to twitter. Not exactly a short day.

I imagine there will be a meeting or two. Maybe some discussion about what is being said on the forums. Some self congradulating over the best live chat with Best Buy and the most successful launch in MMO history. Then an early lunch and an even earlier quitting time. They did work all the way to 1:30 yesterday. Bioware doesnt want to be known as rough taskmasters.

There are going to be people monitoring every element of what is going on, looking at what needs fixing and what doesn't. Stephen Reid (when he gets up) will be running around asking what he can legitimately tell people and getting different answers from different people because no company is really very joined up. Anybody who thinks they will be wasting there time backslapping an EGA phase is a fool.

Hopefully they understand by now what a fiasco of a launch they have on their hands, step down from their high horse and try to save face by stepping up the email 'waves' ASAP.

I doubt it though.

So they'll learn the hard way as so many fail game companies before them...

Edited by CanSolo

I imagine that a lot of the employees are feeling pretty ashamed about the kind of fan base that is following this game and the entitlement behavior that they seem to display in regards to it. I can see the water cooler conversation already...

"We should've never made this game. It was a mistake. We thought that the WoW nerds were bad, but they've only been like that for maybe ten years tops! These people have been Star Wars nerds for their entire lives! We've opened Pandora's Box!"

::drops cup of water and flees the building::

They are reading the boards and laughing at all the whiners. Each time a "how would you grade Bioware" or a "why bioware? why do you do this to me?" thread comes up, they drink and make merry.

Then the ugly truth sets in and they sober up, even cry: This is the community they will have to grapple with for the next 3-5 years. Thirty year old teenagers, full of entitlement and unable to push gratification back a single minute.

Joke's on all of us, I guess ;)

Edited by Bindolaf

You honestly believe that poeple go home as soon as they stopped sending emails? If so then that really is quite niave. If anything it was then that a lot of the work would begin. Even if you are right and the whole of Bioware is only in the office when they send out emails to let poeple in, consider what time they would have had to be in to send the first one.

The community manager worked 4:30am till 8:51 pm according to twitter. Not exactly a short day.

Wow ... tweeting is such hard work. Dont Paris and LiLo do that all the time? Maybe the community manager can be an ambassador for the community and help us out? I am not getting my hopes up, the bar seems to be set pretty low over at Bioware so far.

I wouldnt really call answering questions with generic answers all that hard of work either.

Pretty sure a construction worker working 4 hours out performs a community worker sitting at a comp answering questions with the same responses.

Hopefully they understand by now what a fiasco of a launch they have on their hands, step down from their high horse and try to save face by stepping up the email 'waves' ASAP.

I doubt it though.

So they'll learn the hard way as so many fail game companies before them...

Define 'fiasco'. A few people moaning on forums does not a fiasco make. You overestimate your own importance and the resilience of those around you. Once they get in most of your erstwhile moaning buddies won't even remember their own names.

Wow ... tweeting is such hard work. Dont Paris and LiLo do that all the time? Maybe the community manager can be an ambassador for the community and help us out? I am not getting my hopes up, the bar seems to be set pretty low over at Bioware so far.

lol were definitely on the same page bro! haha