Question about First Act and Crafting

ChaoticHell

Just wondering, I've completed Taris and landed on Nar Shadda, I'm around level 19 and was just curious when I unlock Legacy. I'm still not sure what it is but it sounds cool so :p. Also as a Gunslinging Smuggler what crafting skills should I run? I've heard that I've got lots of bonuses in skills that would be more for profiteering than crafting, can't remember where I read that though I'm pretty sure it's on this forum somewhere. I like the idea of making my own gear though, from crafting, but I've heard mixed opinions of it. Some say your crafted gear is better than most quest rewards, or some at least, while others say that it's not very useful at all.

Legacy is unlocked upon Completion of Act 1 of your Class Story Quest line.

Also It is not available yet and no ETA has been given. It is not listed in the Patch notes for the PTR. But the levels you gain now will be counted once legacy is unveiled and goes live.

Edited by PiercerPro
Adding Info

Well I don't think I'm over-leveled. I'm hitting uo Narr Shadda even though I'm technically not 20 yet (It's like 20-something I'm pretty sure). I try and do all the side quests I find, only skipped a couple, like literally one or two. Except for Coruscant. I got fed up with running all over the damn place and just ended up stopping and went ahead with the main. Haven't run into any complications though.

The general structure of each classes storyline is as follows:

Prologue:

Starter planet

Capitol planet

Act 1:

Two planets (Empire: Balmorra, Nar Shadaa)

Intermission (Generally, a short quest to a previous world)

Two planets (Empire: Tatooine, Alderaan)

Conclusion (Another quest to somewhere, lots of killing, boss at the end)

Act 2:

Opening (Quest to somewhere)

More planets...

My furthest char is only on Taris, so I can't go much further than that. When I say "somewhere", this could be anywhere you've been, or even a unique location in space (For instance, BH's conclusion to Act 1 is a space location, as is SW's intermission)