When will they continue the timeline?

Julius_Caesar

so they couldnt be bothered to come to this conclusion when they started doing the timeline??? seems to me to be a bit of a cop out as a reason, too lazy to continue now that the game is out? seems more likely, using the timeline to suck people in to the buildup of the game seems more likely, and now the game is out they reckon "oh well, they've bought the game why bother?? im pretty ticked that they cannot be bothered to finish what they started.

In a recent Ask Me Anything on Reddit, Community Manager Stephen Reid addressed this question. He said the team that was responsible for creating the timeline videos stopped because they were moving too far into the past to be relevant to this game's timeframe.

That makes no sense to me. I love the lore aspect of the timelines. It gives me a good sense of the background of a lot parts of the game. Plus it adds to the (I hate using this word now) immersion.

P.S. Hail Caesar!

Edited by Folgrin

• 2 weeks later...
That makes no sense to me. I love the lore aspect of the timelines. It gives me a good sense of the background of a lot parts of the game. Plus it adds to the (I hate using this word now) immersion.

P.S. Hail Caesar!

agreed, helps me get sucked into the game..and since Star Wars and all of the Lore is all about sucking you into the story, why they'd use this weak excuse as a reason to stop baffles me

so they couldnt be bothered to come to this conclusion when they started doing the timeline??? seems to me to be a bit of a cop out as a reason, too lazy to continue now that the game is out? seems more likely, using the timeline to suck people in to the buildup of the game seems more likely, and now the game is out they reckon "oh well, they've bought the game why bother?? im pretty ticked that they cannot be bothered to finish what they started.

According to their Youtube account, the last upload for the timeline videos was over a year ago, so that kind of disqualifies it from being a cop out for the reason you stated there. Seems more plausible that the writers indeed wrote themselves into a corner.

According to their Youtube account, the last upload for the timeline videos was over a year ago, so that kind of disqualifies it from being a cop out for the reason you stated there. Seems more plausible that the writers indeed wrote themselves into a corner.

the intervening time between their last timeline update and now does not disqualify it from being a cop out, we've all seen the updates on that timeline and in no way did they write themselves into a corner. It's going backwards, they can keep going and keep going until its done..AND, you dont plan a timeline without some idea as to where its going, forward or backward..NO writer does that..and if youre not a writer you make sure you dont write yourself into an area you cant fix by consulting someone else, especially with something THIS HUGE, also..if you think you made a mistake on something you fix it so it can be altered, timeline changed to so you can finish what you started without just leaving it hanging

Their response in regard to this was indeed a cop out, because it CAN be fixed/continued they just dont want to because now the game is out and less focus is on the website