Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Leveling as a pair

Firetic

Hi I've convinced my friend to buy tor and was wondering if we group for normal missions what effect does it have on our xp and thus leveling speed. Does anyone know?

My boyfriend and I took on a lot of the solo content together (sith side; bounty hunter and sith inquisitor) and I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. You get a lot of social points by grouping up for the solo missions, and you basically blow through stuff. Also, we were able to handle most of the heroic 2+ content on our own, and a lot of the heroic 4+ content, too. So it's nice to have a mission buddy.

Since we were able to steamroll most everything, we leveled a bit faster together compared to our solo characters. However, I will say that I think leveling in this game is quick no matter how you approach it - solo, grouped, quests, pvp - it all seems fast to me.

Not too much of a difference of exp from the mobs, and same exp from quest. The thing is 2 players (which means 2 companions total) makes questing so much faster. Really though the fastest exp per hour seems to be heroic +2 mob grinding. My brother and I leveled together with a tank specced sith warrior and a dps specced Bounty hunter and we went from 1-50 in about two weeks. We had both our companions heal and just burned through everything.

If you try this, I would suggest finding a very good combination of companions with the roles your characters fill. Might be a little difficult until you get your more basic moves (I think at around 20-26). Hope this helps!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.