Augmentations and the way to fix Slicing.

Smooth-Criminal

Make them available to be placed in ALL slots, but only Augs can go in Aug slots.

They are single stat so making that a possibility is not without its disadvantages.

This will do more to ‘fix’ Slicing since the “nerf”; considering there is still a good number of people that still feel Slicing is a Mission skill and not a Gathering skill.

Edited by Smooth-Criminal

So you know I am a slicer and I feel this idea gives a little to much power to augements because of the fact they are single stat. Tanks will always be filling slots with either absobtion endurance ect and everyone else will flood gear with primary stat augements that will increase damage outputs ect to unreasonable levels

I agree. Allowing the use of Augments in any slot would be a problem.

But If you add an Augmentslot to every item you would make slicing much more usefull. Crits on crafting missions would then simply produce a second augment slot.

I agree. Allowing the use of Augments in any slot would be a problem.

But If you add an Augmentslot to every item you would make slicing much more usefull. Crits on crafting missions would then simply produce a second augment slot.

Aren't we only talking about the mod and Enhancement slots? How could you use an augment in the armor slots, You'd be gimping your armor if you put an aug in the armor slot. And the Mods have 2 stats vs one with augments. Enhancements even have two stats. I'm guessing the only thing people would use aug's on is enhancement slots, armor and mod items are too easy to find to consider using an aug but using augs in enhancement slots would be useful.

That is definatly a possibility and could allow them to remove lock box missions to remove the misconception that they are there to gather credits from missions. Meaning if slicers want a direct credit profit they have to gather (but I think they would have to test to see if demand was there still

Make them available to be placed in ALL slots, but only Augs can go in Aug slots.

They are single stat so making that a possibility is not without its disadvantages.

This will do more to ‘fix’ Slicing since the “nerf”; considering there is still a good number of people that still feel Slicing is a Mission skill and not a Gathering skill.

I doubt people would use them. I see much better stats on armoring, barrels, etc...

The best purple augment gives you +28 in one stat.