If you could design your own Warzone?

Darth_Menace

I wouldn't design a Warzone, I'd build on the Ilum design and opt for more planet wide pvp.

How would this be achieved?

Look back to DaoC, Look back to the Frontiers, how well they were designed and how Mythic....

Made sure it was so important to your faction it couldn't be ignored!

How to achieve this?

-Disable WZ's at Valor Rank 40+ (this is what killed WAR's RvR, battleground grinding)

-Add meaningful side based objectives that benefit your whole faction for capturing them

-Make it so you need raid squads to complete these objectives

-Tie a raid with some of the top endgame gear to it to encourage the PvE'ers to lend a hand

-Make the entire planet PvP, your only safe zones are your faction bases where you land on the planet, this means quest mob areas are even dangerous to venture to, but you get bonus xp, creds and loot drop chances.

-Add a world boss to the area, right near where the thick of combat would usually happen.

-Add an underdog faction bonus on servers with side imbalance (but do it better than WAR's)

=========================================================

All that stuff I listed was part and parcel of DaoC's Frontiers and why they were such a huge success and something I'd love to see done instead of the PvP just remaining another "Warzone em' up"

Im big fan On Objective based Murder Ball.

Get The Ball Take damage deal increased damage etc

Longer you Hold the ball Points tick towards Victory.

Kill Holder to get Points for your side.

Have the "Spawn" location have a higher Points tick value farther away you are less points holder gets more points you get for killing them etc.

Or Plain and Simple Have King of the Hill Deathmatch style Gameplay,

Buffs for being at the bottom and Buffs for Holding the Hill etc.

I mean the options are put there, and they could implement them.

Also Get rid of huttball.

I wouldn't design a Warzone, I'd build on the Ilum design and opt for more planet wide pvp.

Look back to DaoC, Look back to the Frontiers, how well they were designed and how Mythic....

How to achieve this?

-Disable WZ's at Valor Rank 40+ (this is what killed WAR's RvR, battleground grinding)

-Add meaningful side based objectives that benefit your whole faction for capturing them

-Tie a raid with some of the top endgame gear to it to encourage the PvE'ers to lend a hand

-Make the entire planet PvP, your only safe zones are your faction bases where you land on the planet, this means quest mob areas are even dangerous to venture to, but you get bonus xp, creds and loot drop chances.

-Add a world boss to the area, right near where the thick of combat would usually happen.

-Add an underdog faction bonus on servers with side imbalance (but do it better than WAR's)

All that stuff I listed was part and parcel of DaoC's Frontiers and why they were such a huge success and something I'd love to see done instead of the PvP just remaining another "Warzone em' up"

This sounds good.

A warzone with guildships, if implemented.

It will be like SW :Battlefront.

Objective 1 : take fighters from guild ship, to destroy turrets and shield generator from enemy guild sgip.

Objective 2 : if shields are down, enter enemy ship and proceed to power core.

If power core is destroyed, the ships inner defences are down.

Objective 3 : From then the game points one enemy member out as ship captain or leader.

The leader needs to be killed for the warzoen to end.

Its a tactic to attack the other ship, and defend your own.

But when one ship its power core is dstroyed its shifts to only defend for one team and attack for other team.

And like other warzones this will be timer locked.

When the timer runs out, the attack failed, because reinforcements will have arrived.

How to achieve this?

No thanks, while wPvP is great id miss Warzones like Huttball too much. This would do more damage then good to TOR.

How would you design it? What objectives would you have?

I would definetely want to make something similiar to wow's AV mixed in with strand of the ancients

a larger area for larger number of players, with bunker/fortress/general objectives, with a few siege engines/turrets and wall/gate/natural obstacle destruction >_<

How to achieve this?

This sounds great, BW needs to do something like this.

They also need to create server forums, and clamp down on carebearing (which kills faction rivalry and the fun of wPvP). Ideally by disallowing the rolling on both factions on the same server and disallowing cross-faction chat. (At the very least, on PvP servers).

Edited by Saar

you guys think there hope for world pvp in this game?

to me it feels like every single step that could be taken to prevent world pvp was what they took, apart from making pvp servers that is, but theres no point to them so....

gief alterac valley + strand of the ancients inspired warzone plix.

I would definetely want to make something similiar to wow's AV mixed in with strand of the ancients

a larger area for larger number of players, with bunker/fortress/general objectives, with a few siege engines/turrets and wall/gate/natural obstacle destruction >_<

Alot of people hated SOTA, WSG Old school, AV old school and AB ftw

Go play Planetside.

My warzone would be a Planetside continent. (I always liked Hossin.)

Multiple bases. Lattice. Back-line sabotage. Towers to capture. Etc.

Really my ideal warzone would be several such warzones tied together in a thing I would call a "star war", as if there were two factions fighting each other in some sort of war amongst the stars. I think this is a great idea and someone should make a game about it.

Edited by Slamz