Nice work Bioware, ratings from IGN and Gamespot :)

Ardecus

I'm pretty aware of that you guys are quite busy adjusting and developing, i just read through the reviews of the game on IGN and Gamespot and i'd just like to congratulate you. Yeah, the game isn't perfect but no game will, every player will have their favour and dislike, i personally favour it more then dislike it, so thanks Bioware, you deserve a pat on the back, awesome work!

IGN review review 9.0 total score

Gamespot review 8.0 total score

Edited by Ardecus

The gamespot review was essentially "nothing new anywhere basically WoW, voice acting is a nice feature, doesn't really affect the game, dialogue choices have minimal impact." Even said why you shouldn't buy the game if some of these features annoyed you, like hotkey combat system.

Still gave it an 8 though which could be due to the "review inflation" that Angry Joe often talks about where 10 has gone from being "the bestest most awesomest evah!!!" to being "good game, I enjoyed myself."

On a scale of 1-10 5 is average, yet it is in the greater scheme of reviews it is seen as a horribly failure and overall worst game and 7 and 8 have become the new "average."

Its not necessarily that reviews are bribed persay but if you start giving a bunch of EA games bad reviews then EA will stop sending you preview titles to you to review. Its such a give and take system; the publishers need the reviewers to help drive the retail sales and the reviewers need the publishers to send them copies pre-release so that their publication/website has content people care about.

Yeah, good work Bioware. There's a lot to live up to after (forgive the reference) WoW. But, if you can remember, how much s.hit did WoW have on release? People are b.itching about a lot of s.hit that you don't have... but WoW didn't get most of that s.hit for 2 or 3 years after release. I say props to Bioware for the smooth(ish) launch. I fully believe they'll have most of that s.hit in the next year. Edited by NewLogic

Its not necessarily that reviews are bribed persay but if you start giving a bunch of EA games bad reviews then EA will stop sending you preview titles to you to review. Its such a give and take system; the publishers need the reviewers to help drive the retail sales and the reviewers need the publishers to send them copies pre-release so that their publication/website has content people care about.

Yeah, that's why believing those reviews is like believing the news. I will say this, however, the biggest bug in this game is EA. I know MMOs are a huge operation, but man... this game would have been a million times better if it was just BioWare.

I actually felt the Gamespot review was very fair. I personally think the space battle minigame is a lot of fun, and I'm hoping they have some fun with it down the road and make some improvements, but still, it's a FUN diversion.

The GS guy makes good points about not coming to this game expecting massive innovation, but rather to expect that the makers of Mass Effect have made a MMO. That's about the right attitude to have towards this game.

Personally, it's what I expected, and I do enjoy playing it.

Paying off the reviewers is a part of the marketing budget.

Easy to say. Harder to back up. I wonder if you'd say that if you were liable for it.

It's equally easy to say that paying off forum posters to be continually negative is part of certain other games' marketing budget.

Doesn't mean either statement is true or false.

People seem to forget that any review will always be subjective, and just like there are people in this community that seems to enjoy a significant portion of the game, so will there be reviewers experiencing the same enjoyment and their review will reflect that.

Simply because some guy writes a review on behalf of some company (IGN, Gamespot, whatever) does not make that review a universal truth. Disagree with the review? Good for you. Agree with it? Good for you too.

Edited by Narzeja